The new picture all cleaned up...

• Sponsors (?)

So you showed me that someone calls them "scoops". But I can promise you that they are ornaments and nothing else. Look at the picture and tell me how they are scoops.

They are not. If you want to see the difference between a decoration and a scoop on the side of a Mustang...

Take a look here...

Hewitt_yellow.jpg

Schaefer_ShelbyGT350red.JPG

it is not an actual scoop persay. they put it on there to mimick a scoop. just like the hood scoop on the 99-03 mustangs has no purpose. it makes the car look better. I dont know why there is such a huge argument. none of us really have any say in what ford does. seems to me that you guys are just bickering becuase you want it your way when in actuality none of us will have it our way. It will be fords way. Sorry to come off angry but this bickering between people sound slike nonsense. Lets all just enjoy our cars and other peoples cars cuase thats what this board is about. Whewww... that was long winded.

tylers65 said:
So you showed me that someone calls them "scoops". But I can promise you that they are ornaments and nothing else. Look at the picture and tell me how they are scoops.

They are not. If you want to see the difference between a decoration and a scoop on the side of a Mustang...

Take a look here...

Hewitt_yellow.jpg

Schaefer_ShelbyGT350red.JPG

So you're saying that this "ornamentation" is purely abstract, and is in no way meant to hint toward air induction? If so, I find that to be a strange and original argument. But honestly, I don't know much about the development of the first Mustang. Perhaps someone else can shed some light here. I did find this, where Edmunds also refers to them as "fake side scoops."

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/generations/articles/93320/article.html

damn...how do you guys make such nice clean lines that follow the curves of the car so well in photoshop?!? I just used my mouse and freehanded it to make the blue w/white strpes pic. I'm sure there are a million techniques that im not aware of, but damn....those shelby pics looked like they were professionally done

-Scot

Scot_94GT said:
damn...how do you guys make such nice clean lines that follow the curves of the car so well in photoshop?!? I just used my mouse and freehanded it to make the blue w/white strpes pic. I'm sure there are a million techniques that im not aware of, but damn....those shelby pics looked like they were professionally done

-Scot
They were... :D

My PC here at work sux, I cant see any of the Shelby's or most of the images besides the first few....I think I am gonna have to get sick and go home.....did anyone ever make a good desktop background? You know, a BIG one. I still have the original one Bama put up on my computer..........I want some color!