The next best bolt-on?

90LX5spd

Aug 13, 2005
PA
I'm beginning to run out of bolt ons for my '90 5.0. Currently I have a Cobra intake, GT40P heads, FRPP shorty headers, K&N drop-in panel filter with air silencer removed, March Pulleys (power and amp series), AC/Smog delete, full exhaust and 3.55s in the rear. Out of the following which is the most bang for the buck? : 65mm TB, FRPP roller rockers, electric fan or cold air/conical air intake? I want to spend my money wisely and avoid any advertisment hype. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm beginning to run out of bolt ons for my '90 5.0. Currently I have a Cobra intake, GT40P heads, FRPP shorty headers, K&N drop-in panel filter with air silencer removed, March Pulleys (power and amp series), AC/Smog delete, full exhaust and 3.55s in the rear. Out of the following which is the most bang for the buck? : 65mm TB, FRPP roller rockers, electric fan or cold air/conical air intake? I want to spend my money wisely and avoid any advertisment hype. Thanks.

Here's a small list:

1. Stock SN95 5.0 MAF (70mm) - cheap in ebay
2. 65mm TB - cheap in ebay
3. Taurus, Lincoln Mark VIII, or even SN95 Mustang electric fan with shroud

That's kind of a tough one. Like Styk said, e-fan should be high on the list, but you're definitely giving up power if you're still running a stock MAF and TB.

Do all 3 at once and enjoy a good boost in power. :D

Oh, and I would skip the 65 and go straight to 70mm TB. I say it all the time- doesn't hurt to go a little big on the TB. Besides, the Cobra upper has an opening that is roughly 70mm, so it matches it better anyway.