• Sponsors (?)

... are we sure it's working right? The ecu doesn't turn it on in our application.
:rlaugh:
Its working right but the computer is sending ground to pin 54- orange/ Lt blue going to the relay. Pin 16- pnk/ Lt blue is batt + coming out of the pressure switch. ( letting ECU know its on )

A green/ purple goes to the HVAC control switch to pressure switch ( batt + )
The red wire comes from the ignition batt + feed for the ECU ( orange/ blk changes to red ).

Normally, when the relay is not energized, the relay let's batt + pass through it. The computer grounds pin 54 all the time in KOEO or KEOR.

The stock computer would ground the relay, cutting power to the ac clutch, under WOT through pin 54. Pin 16 is the AC on monitoring pin.

I have batt + at pin 16 only when AC is on...that comes from the output from the pressure switch.

I could cut the 54 pin wire and use a micro switch to supply ground to the relay....but that wouldn't be the correct way :shrug:...if MS uses pin 54 for AC relay control ( like the stock computer )

Where would I put the switch for the nitrous ???....just joking. We know MS can control that....not that I'd ever spray this car...:O_o: KABOOM :O_o:

Yes mspnp2. :nice:

I found info for jumoing for AC idle up function. My book says pin 16 for pnk/blu .... I'll have to double check that while I'm in there.

Somewhere I found a complete mspnp2 EEC 4 computer pin list. I updated my phone and lost all my bookmarked links.

My schematic book shows pin 10 o/ Lt blue and pin 54 o/Lt blu both going to AC. Pin 16 shows pnk/ Lt blue going to AC .

Just some pics of the schematics in case someone else needs them too...
IMG_20170807_213504972_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170807_213525372_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170807_213536669_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170807_213603725_HDR.jpg

You are the man at this stuff, Steve

Reactions: 1 user
I do know my diypnp would require me to build a circuit for this setup. A relay in the system to pull low when the tps goes above x tps signal. Then wire that to pin 54, pretty simple for me.

I'm not sure about the mspnp2 one would think that it's already there built in and maybe the output is pulled low from something in the tune parameters (would have to be or the circuit would be open). Send me a current copy of the tune file, it's in there somewhere..... you have alot more i/o options than I do.:nice:

I do know my diypnp would require me to build a circuit for this setup. A relay in the system to pull low when the tps goes above x tps signal. Then wire that to pin 54, pretty simple for me.

I'm not sure about the mspnp2 one would think that it's already there built in and maybe the output is pulled low from something in the tune parameters (would have to be or the circuit would be open). Send me a current copy of the tune file, it's in there somewhere..... you have alot more i/o options than I do.:nice:
I need to do this too. I need to build a separate circuit that'll trigger a dedicated small fan that I'll mount on the condenser, and trigger the FIDLE valve when the car gets below a certain RPM (like at idle) and I turn on the AC.

Where best to find this build addition? DIY?

I can never read that schematic..The Transistor wiring diagram always makes zero sense to me.

If I use my ac control switch as a "trigger" ( the one that turns on the compressor) why can't I just add a relay to power the fan from that same circuit? Isn't there some output condition on the MS II that I can set to turn on the FIDLE valve at some point through the existing build before I go opening this thing up again and creating another hideous mess of my "at one time" pretty circuit board?

a91what has done it again. He is always right when it comes to this.
IMG_20170808_183358025.jpg
IMG_20170808_183413346.jpg

The schematic in my service manual was wrong. The AC pnk/ Lt blu signal wire runs to pin 10 on 89- 90 v8 mustangs. Pin 54 org/ Lt blu should have 0v koeo and koer w/AC on at idle should be b+. My MS supplies ground when ac is cut on...in turn activating ac WOT cut.

I can never read that schematic..The Transistor wiring diagram always makes zero sense to me.

If I use my ac control switch as a "trigger" ( the one that turns on the compressor) why can't I just add a relay to power the fan from that same circuit? Isn't there some output condition on the MS II that I can set to turn on the FIDLE valve at some point through the existing build before I go opening this thing up again and creating another hideous mess of my "at one time" pretty circuit board?
You can do it that way for the fan wiring no problem. Only question is the wot relay..... don't want the compressor on when boiling the rear tires....
The circuit is "simple" and I can walk you through it like the last one, or perhaps draw a easier to read diagram....

a91what has done it again. He is always right when it comes to this.
IMG_20170808_183358025.jpg
IMG_20170808_183413346.jpg

The schematic in my service manual was wrong. The AC pnk/ Lt blu signal wire runs to pin 10 on 89- 90 v8 mustangs. Pin 54 org/ Lt blu should have 0v koeo and koer w/AC on at idle should be b+. My MS supplies ground when ac is cut on...in turn activating ac WOT cut.
:Dit's the only thing I'm good at.

Now we need to figure out what settings/jumper configuration we have wrong.

Today I'm trying to fix this....
IMG_20170827_125930756_HDR.jpg

Went and grabbed some glue...
IMG_20170827_125945901_HDR.jpg

We'll see how this pans out.

I bought a tail light recently but its got fine cracks all over it. I'd rather deal with one big crack. It wasn't a total loss though. The housing behind the drivers clear tail light is broken right where one of the retainer clips is supposed to be.

I can now fix the clear ones....clean them up and post them on CL for sale.

Got my old nitrous switch installed and adjusted for the AC. It'll cause eyes to search for the nitrous jets. Lol

IMG_20170827_160403967.jpg
IMG_20170827_172047117_HDR.jpg

Part throttle....
IMG_20170827_172139385.jpg

Full throttle
IMG_20170827_172143995.jpg

F150s have dual relay thingmajigs that bolt to the fuse box. They are easy to use and come with a cover. I didn't have a small enough socket when I went to the yard...so...it'll be next weekends project.

Reactions: 2 users