I wish I understood why I liked that more than it's something new Scott.

The factory relay won't work with mspnp2 without making changes. This way my AC will cut off above 85%...just like factory. No need for AC at full throttle. I can also use the ground switch to actuate various other relays I may need...:thinking::burnout:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

The factory relay won't work with mspnp2 without making changes. This way my AC will cut off above 85%...just like factory. No need for AC at full throttle. I can also use the ground switch to actuate various other relays I may need...:thinking::burnout:
When I was passing emails back and forth with them about this common issue..... I was like wtf dude this one is common sense, there reply was "we took forever but we fixed it"
This time MS makes me shake my head :nonono:

When I was passing emails back and forth with them about this common issue..... I was like wtf dude this one is common sense, there reply was "we took forever but we fixed it"
This time MS makes me shake my head :nonono:

Yeah man, me too. Guess a lot of people running this system don't have AC anyway... " race car ". Glad my diag skills are pretty good or I would've thought it was something else.

All fixed now. Still need to order a new AC cut relay. Who would think the computer would shoot out a ground signal to cut power at that relay.

We got to the bottom if it brother...that's all that matters to me. :nice:

Reactions: 1 users
My oldest is eyeing Dusty....
IMG_20170902_192035791.jpg

He wants a mustang fox....a notch back. He always has wanted one.

Being 17 there's no way I'd put him behind the wheel of a 500+ capable anything on the street. Its a shame decent fox body 4 cylinders are so pricey.

I don't think he's a big fan of big rims on mustangs...he was probably looking at the size of my puny rear tires. :confused:

He wants a mustang fox....a notch back. He always has wanted one.

Being 17 there's no way I'd put him behind the wheel of a 500+ capable anything on the street. Its a shame decent fox body 4 cylinders are so pricey.

I don't think he's a big fan of big rims on mustangs...he was probably looking at the size of my puny rear tires. :confused:

Start with a stock-ish 8-banger. You know... the 190HP models that we all started with?

Anyone that knows me knows I love junk yard scroungin'. There so many little things that just don't deserve to see the crusher.

Today after another round if testing and a day off from work, I acquired one of these little things. Ford did a great job engineering this little double relay set up..
IMG_20170908_174700541_HDR.jpg

They have two separate connectors for each relay...
IMG_20170908_174716612_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170908_174742761.jpg

This thing was held in a 95 f150 by two 5.5mm screws right on the side of the fuse box.

The relays would fit perfect on the contour fan shroud or many other places. I could use them to run the high and low fans...and use one of the ones currently used for the fans to control the high speed fan for AC. The plugs would make the relays removable with the fan shroud...hmmm :thinking:

The perfect solution.... Just like those power distribution blocks from the late 80s early 90s Chevy trucks. I really like junkyard stuff.:banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone that knows me knows I love junk yard scroungin'. There so many little things that just don't deserve to see the crusher.

Today after another round if testing and a day off from work, I acquired one of these little things. Ford did a great job engineering this little double relay set up..
IMG_20170908_174700541_HDR.jpg

They have two separate connectors for each relay...
IMG_20170908_174716612_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170908_174742761.jpg

This thing was held in a 95 f150 by two 5.5mm screws right on the side of the fuse box.

The relays would fit perfect on the contour fan shroud or many other places. I could use them to run the high and low fans...and use one of the ones currently used for the fans to control the high speed fan for AC. The plugs would make the relays removable with the fan shroud...hmmm :thinking:

The perfect solution.... Just like those power distribution blocks from the late 80s early 90s Chevy trucks. I really like junkyard stuff.:banana::banana::banana:
Maybe you should add that to the junk yard parts thread

This whole time I thought I would need to wire a relay to cut the AC cooling fan on. Another case of completely over thinking things.

The MS puts ground to the orange and light blue wire that runs to the AC relay at the passenger fender well.

I dug through this....
IMG_20170910_123711326_HDR.jpg

Found this and de- pinned that orange/ Lt blue wire...and heat shrinked a plugged in rescued wire end. I refuse to cut a factory wire on a car unless its absolutely necessary.
IMG_20170910_123650338.jpg

Connected that wire to the ground trigger for than fans....and what do ya know.....the fans come on every time the AC is cut on.

I also found a female end that fit the relay in all that spaghetti. Plugged that in the relay, where the orange/ blue wire went , and wired to my nitrous switch. Now, the nitrous switch grounds that wire at about 85% throttle effectively cutting the AC off at WOT.

Not that I plan on running the AC doing anything but cruising. That's just similar to how the factory has it set up. Plus, I don't want to have to take my hand of the shifter just in case the need should come...:doh::burnout::nice:

Today my computer was taken over by aliens. :eek:

One very smart one thought it we be a good time to start tuning this monstrosity I call Dusty. ( not to be confused with the real Monster...or any monster )

This thing was idling for a long time...staying at about 205 ( which is normal with my 192° thermostat )

When the session with the alien was nearing its end I heard pppsssdhhhhhhttttffffff...pa...pa...pshfffft from under the hood ( that was sitting open on the prop rod ). I ran up front expecting to see green crap spraying all over the engine on all my nice heat blanket crap. I could hear the noise...but something was different :O_o:....it didn't smell like no antafrez !!!????

The car was cut off...the take over has ended. I'm running around trying to find this dang noise....no dripping anywhere...:confused:...

I lean over the turbo and feel air wooooshing past my face. Oh Nooooo !!!!:doh::doh::doh:.....its freon....

I throw my hand around the fitting at the firewall and what do ya think I found ????

I left the freakin' nut loose for the accumulator connection at the firewall...:fuss::fuss::fuss::fuss::bang:

30 bucks worth of freon gone to big house in the sky....:notnice:

I think it was a sign for me to relocate the heat wrapped AC line running by the turbo flange on the passenger side. I felt sure the heat had caused a hose failure...

I have a suspicion about the settings we are using. However small a role they play. I want to mess with some injector settings, namely the number of squirts....

We currently have 2 alternating

I want to try 4 alternating however an incorrect dead time will affect the fuel map.

I have a suspicion about the settings we are using. However small a role they play. I want to mess with some injector settings, namely the number of squirts....

We currently have 2 alternating

I want to try 4 alternating however an incorrect dead time will affect the fuel map.

OK. I'll research the dead time and post on your MS help thread.

@a91what Here's the best Greek I could find. I have no idea if this will help....
42lb_inj_sm.jpg

According to this my dead time would be somewhere around 1.07?? @ 43psi. I've got to look at the formulas and do some math.

Last edited:
Here's the best Greek I could find. I have no idea if this will help....
42lb_inj_sm.jpg

According to this my dead time would be somewhere around 1.07?? @ 43psi. I've got to look at the formulas and do some math.
perfect, dead time looks to be a bit above 1ms.... the voltage curve is great to have as well. ill update the info in the tune and send it your way when I have time.