20180605_064956.jpg

20180605_064941.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Back in the day.... before the internet... we used to put window screen over the opening and then screw the cowl down. It keeps all the leaves and dirt out. There are drains that run behind the fender ( little cut outs ). Mine were clogged with leaves and small sticks. I cleaned mine out last fall and it was already clogged.

If you haven't cleaned yours recently I highly suggest cleaning this area. The screen is added assurance.

Last edited:
Got something coming from lmr to make dusty a lil' purdy ...

Screenshot_20180604-203243.png

I'm working my way up to replacing the k member. I've done a bunch of pricing.... the MM one is nice but it will lead to needing new mounts ( mine has its own mounts ). The AJE one on the car is about 10 yrs old. This thing has been through potholes and blizzards.... track launches and daily driven. Everything about it has been pretty good. No issues at all. Only minor touchup needed for some very small areas of surface rust or powder coat lifting at edges.

I'm going to stick with them. I do want to go tubular lowers and coil overs though.

I still haven't confirmed that the k member is actually bent.... but, at 280 free shipping, i might as well replace it. The other one is about 10 yrs old.

Reactions: 1 user
Had a side job today to put an exhaust on a turbo Veloster...

20180609_153601.jpg

And this happened....

20180609_162110.jpg

Great ! Love maryland weather...

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Scott, it's raining.......

I finally got it done. Rain sucks sometimes....jeeesh. This is why i need a garage.
An exhaust cat back and k&n intake system-160...and mazda 3 motor mount- 200... The rain was trying to stop my k member monies :confused:

I won !!!! but I'm soaked

This new K member looks really good. With any luck this one will last at least 10 years, just like the one that's on the car....

20180615_215834.jpg

Had a very busy weekend with the family. Very good times.

20180616_164326.jpg

2366.jpeg

...my brother from anotha mutha...

20180618_114317.jpg

We're discussing politics.... and the crazy world we live in....

There was a huge cookout at my house. I was drinking so hardly any pics of the guys... There have never been that many people at my house. The yard was full of cars. No fights....no nakedness....and a cooler full of shine.

Doesn't get much better than that !!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Figured I'd show some things I found out.

A couple years ago AJE noticed an issue with the design of their k member so they changed it.

Here's where mine bent....you can't really see it but it bent at the rear control arm mount on the left side.

20180618_191129.jpg

Here's the other side...

20180618_191104.jpg

The new design has a bar running from side to side above where the control arm mounts. They also got rid of the slide bushings that were in the original...

20180618_191206.jpg

Here's how Dusty sits, a waiting the new k member.

20180618_185237.jpg

Still a bunch of work to do...but with the , " hunny to do list " , time is very short and spread out. Guess I'll be done in a couple years.

It's official !!!! This guy is going to be my neighbor.

2005.jpeg

I don't tend to play well with others....but in this case....I may make an exception.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh goody, another used car lot going up in the neighborhood.
He's got a bike on the front sidewalk ( because his garage is probably full of junk)
A car on the grass, an enclosed and an open trailer in the driveway with cars all over the place everywhere else.

Only thing missing are those flag strings, and balloons.

Just to show just how slow this process is going... I just removed the end links and sprints today. You would have thought, after over a year of trying to find a new house, this house would be purged already.

Nope....not us...we've got hella stuff to get rid of. I've been telling her to get stuff situated in the house for a long time. Seems like as soon as my stuff is done.....she wants me to help her do her stuff taking planned time away from Dusty.

She takes up my time.....and runs my life...but what would we do without these beautiful and great ladies ?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Got a bunch done on Dusty.

The Harbor Freight engine support worked out well...

20180626_201457.jpg

The k member is in. The passenger side control arm is bolted on. Drivers side will wait till tomorrow.

I had a little metal sleeve and bushing missing for the rack and pinion. Luckily, the same bushings are used for the engine mount. The sleeves are about 1/2 inch too long. I already cut them down. They'll be taken to work tomorrow to get traightened out.

20180626_223147.jpg

This actually works out better because the new sleeve is slightly larger than the bolt. The old bushings fit the bolt perfectly.

I contacted cjpony and they had me send pictures last week but haven't emailed or called back. AJE was also emailed to see if i could buy them....with no response....so....I found a way on my own.

Always a good feeling when youre able to make something work where you need it.

It's nice to have the ability to find other ways to get around other people's short commings. It's very sad to have to do that for companies i openly supported and left great reviews for.

LMR has been the best place I've dealt with..... Summit being right behind them.... followed by AM.... with CJ being at the very bottom of the list. They are there right with the guy that sold me a bent rim on CL....i fixed that on my own, too.

Dusty is on the ground on all 4s. The new k member went in without a hitch.

20180627_204900.jpg

Almost ready again......:burnout:

Reactions: 5 users