• Sponsors (?)

With a sticker?
Yes...with a sticker. He makes them. His company is Low Dollar Decals. He ships everywhere...but hooked me up. Guess I need to start giving customers discounts for displaying my stickers. That's my Instagram.

Reactions: 1 users
I kinda like this garage thing.

Finally, got some more 3m 8115 on the front bumper. Added metal supports to table the bulge out of the side.... and glued the spats to the lower.
20180810_195347.jpg

Guess we'll see how it turns out...

20180810_203624.jpg

I can't wait until I don't have so much to do inside the house. Working in the garage will be great when there's nothing to do outside.... and this isn't how my living room looks.

20180810_205144.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Ah...I sure do miss those days when I moved into my current house.

3 years later and I'm still setting up stuff. Still waiting to wire/insulate/Sheetrock the garage and set up a tv and stereo system. Maybe this winter

Reactions: 1 user
Man it's nice to have a garage. Got all the yard work done and this happened...this pic is at 3pm

20180812_155954.jpg

...so....I put on the front end....no more bulge

20180812_183130.jpg

20180812_183143.jpg

...even managed to get the surface rust at the trunk lock sanded and painted to match the wing.

20180812_184701.jpg

Pretty productive so far. If it wasn't for you guys I'd be no where near done. The car would probably been someone else's " new bought " project car. Thanks for keeping me motivated :nice:

Attachments

• 20180812_183113.jpg
    20180812_183113.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: 3 users
This thing kicked my rear.... something so simple... that I could've done 100 times when the bumper was off. The front emblem is held on by two 10mm speed nuts. There was no way I could get my socket on the passenger side speed nut. I tried everything....1/4 regular short extension, swivel extension and deep socket, swivel extension and short socket, extension and swivel socket.... got dang that thing was a pain in the gazoo.

Finally, I broke the old emblem off and fetched, the now broken, old studs off the garage floor. Held them with a pair of pliers and removed the speed nuts....

20180812_211311.jpg

That's with the new emblem. The old one came off in a bunch of pieces.

I ran the nuts on the new emblem first so it would be easier to get them started

20180812_212520.jpg

....I then fought this thing for an hour.... but this is the result. The best looking thing on my car.

20180812_215538.jpg

Now I'm going the hell to bed.... kids got school in the morning.

Reactions: 3 users
The wing is finally getting installed.... and door speakers.

20180814_192304.jpg

20180814_192318.jpg

Took a while to figure out how I was going to add pressure to the process. A few days of 8115....well a bunch on the mounting surfaces. It'll hold...that stuff is amazing.

Thanks, Dave, for leading me to this stuff.

I want to get the wheels off so I can paint the calipers....I'm thinking some shade of silver grey. A guy local has some 85 tail lights I want to get....don't know if I'll use them though....I might.

Last edited:
The door speaker thing didn't go so smooth. My car doesn't have the dash portion of the harness so I had to tap into the 3.5 speaker wiring and run it down to the door harness plugs by the kick panel.

When I get off of work I need to run and pick up some door panel clips so I can finish this speaker crap. Then I'll get the car jacked up and the wheels off. Think I'll focus on cleaning and painting the calipers and such over the next week. There's a bunch that needs to be done.

I need to get my wider tires installed. The alignment is also way off. Front wheels are both toed in a bit. Guess the old string and tape measure need to come out.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
This is why I call Dusty....Dusty.

20180815_205731.jpg

These are the driver's door speaker wires. Here are the wires under the corner of the dash by the kick panel.

20180815_205740.jpg

Now, to my drivers side 3.5 speaker. I had to loosen my 3 gauge pillar and the cluster surround to get the grille off. You'll notice the same colors on the wires. Tomorrow I'll actually install the speaker....this is all for tonite.

20180815_211218.jpg

I'm going to attempt to clean some of this dust off. This will be the third time. Smh.

Got some small stuff in the mail. Previously, I used masking tape and transferred my timing marks to my crank pulley. It works but I need something a bit more legible.

20180822_213920.jpg

The exhaust also has never been completed. The pipes are just slid together. I finally ordered clamps and can button up that part of this project.

I've been trying to get out to the garage as much as possible.... but.... the " hunny to do list " keeps growing. Managed to get the windshield trim done. Both speakers are done and sound awesome. I want to replace the actuators before I button the door panels back on. ( I removed mine a while ago ).

My weekends have been tied up with work on the farm. My father usually does it but he had a hip replacement a couple weeks ago. Riding the tractor is a no no for him for a while. Time is in very short order right now.

I'll get it done.... bit by bit.

I also recalibrated my wideband and it runs much better. Even took it for a ride around the new neighborhood. I'll data log soon and get back into tuning this thing. The bluetooth adapter sounds like a really good purchase right about now.

More updates soon....maybe :oops:

I went out in the garage with big plans.... all I accomplished was this....

20180823_215429.jpg

Got two of my banners up. That's it and that's all for yesterday.

Yesterday's shenanigans at Dominion Raceway...

View: https://youtu.be/Tj3gVkvZn_8

My view today...

20180826_194653.jpg

It's crazy how much dirt gets under a car when it sits outside for a couple years. Even have surface rust on the IRS.

Get out of my head, Mike ! I'll clean it.. I'll clean it.