The paint peeling off of my hood & Taking care of the Top

unirok

Oct 6, 2011
The paint is peeling off the hood of my 2003 gt pretty badly. Some say get the hood painted others say get the entire car painting because the hood wont match? Also how do I make my convertable top last as long as it can? Do I hve to keep it in a garage? There are no rips or tears right now but the black is a slight greyish color. do the make armor all for those tops? My friends volvo has a canvas top buy the mustangs seems to be vinyl or something. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Do you still have the heat blanket under the hood? If you only paint the hood it will be noticeable. My canvas top has lasted 13 years with no rips and no special care.

there isn't any reason to paint the whole car just to fix the hood...I had to have the hood replaced on my Autumn Orange Cougar, and that's some sort of multi stage complicated thing, and it looked perfect (the paint anyway, the shop painted a bend hood)

I use Meguiar's #40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner and it works great without making the top look like plastic and attract all kinds of dust or anything like that