The Reenmachine DOHC '67 Shelby Clone Convertible Progress

I've made a ton of progress lately, but like I said most of it is "invisible" since it's been wiring work. Anyway, here are some update pics.

The battery is mounted in the trunk, and I'm running the negative cable all the way to the engine as well to make a better reference for the engine sensors. The late-model starter with integral solenoid is basically right through the firewall from here, and the engine ground is nearby, so it worked out perfectly to pop the cables through here. They tuck right up behind the HVAC box (it's out in this pic obviously):
battcables1.jpg

I'm starting to stuff everything into the dash. The harness is basically done in there -- I just have to tape/loom it all up:
carpet1.jpg

The engine compartment is being kept as tidy as possible given the myriad electrical and fluid connections. The fuel system is complete, the EFI wiring harness is complete, and the rest of the plumbing is coming along:
083105-1.jpg

The radiator, remote oil filter, and oil cooler get plumbed up next:
083105-2.jpg

Everything underneath is pretty much done except for the exhaust. I'm getting a different steering column than the one I originally intended to use and I want to get that into place and the linkage done before the exhaust goes in.

Attachments

• battcables1.jpg
    battcables1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 127
  • carpet1.jpg
    carpet1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 083105-1.jpg
    083105-1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 205
  • 083105-2.jpg
    083105-2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Sponsors (?)

reenmachine said:
Sorry about the watermarks on the photos -- they've been showing up in some funny places on the internet lately so I've been forced to "pee on my turf" :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
What exactly are you worried about? Someone having the exact same car with the exact same mods??? It's not like a million people have not seen or heard about your project.I would not be worried about someone stealing your photos...too many people know the the true source and would call BS on another claiming it to be theirs.BTW..I am still totally impressed with both yours and Bob's cars..outstanding work! Work faster we need updates! ;)

Just been working on a bunch of little stuff lately...the little touches.

Wheel Vintiques makes these wheels that look like a '67 Shelby MagStar, but the center hole is the wrong size to fit MagStar center caps. So, I got some Mag 500 center caps and made my own:

centercap1.jpg

centercap2.jpg

centercap3.jpg

centercap_done.jpg

reenmachine said:
Thanks to Edbert for tips & tricks on how to do this!
NP bud, keep up the excellent work!

What choice are you making WRT only having thee holes for the smaller gauges? I took amp/oil/water and left out fuel. You gonna use an A-pillar pod? I tried but the ones on the market don't fit quite right for us vert owners.

pillar1.jpg

Attachments

• pillar1.jpg
    pillar1.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 121
Edbert said:
NP bud, keep up the excellent work!

What choice are you making WRT only having thee holes for the smaller gauges? I took amp/oil/water and left out fuel. You gonna use an A-pillar pod? I tried but the ones on the market don't fit quite right for us vert owners.
I'm doing fuel level on the left, oil pressure in the center (figured that should be most visible), and water temp on the right. The car is getting a custom console, and I'll put Volts and the clock on there.

Question for anyone who has done this conversion:

Has anyone used Phantom gauges or only Pro-Comps? It appears the Phantoms have larger diameter glass -- it is so big that it covers the screw holes (see pic; yes it's broken as a result of being a different design than the smaller gauges so the Dremel hit it inside the trim ring).

I may have a smaller piece of glass cut tomorrow, or I may switch to Pro-Comps.

As you can see in the second pic, I mounted the small gauges using part of the supplied bracket and welded it to the modified factory housing. I can't do this with the large Phantoms since the mounting brackets they come with are plastic. I'll probably just make some steel ones.

tachglass.jpg

3ga_back.jpg

OK - a local glass place made me new lenses (original size) for $4 a piece, and I dropped the modified metal housing off at the powder coater, who should have it done tomorrow (figured why not make it look bitchin'). I made the modifications to the new deluxe bezel, so once I get the housing back it should all go back together smoothly!