Progress Thread Tanner's "there's Probably A Name For This Illness" Builds Thread

Damn dude. I dig it though. I wouldn't mind a c5. I know they aren't up to snuff performance wise anymore but I loved that body style.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn dude. I dig it though. I wouldn't mind a c5. I know they aren't up to snuff performance wise anymore but I loved that body style.

The C5's were the body style that caused me to fall into love with vettes. It was about 4 years ago that I actually got to drive the wheels off one. What seemed super fast 15 years ago, all of the sudden felt just kinda fun. That was with 350hp.

Joe

I never cared for them before the c5, they're what got me hooked. But I made the mistake of test driving a c6 and I couldn't go back after that.

I never cared for them before the c5, they're what got me hooked. But I made the mistake of test driving a c6 and I couldn't go back after that.

The C6 is the one i like.. It looks to me like they fixed all that was wrong with the C5... Then when it was time for the C7 it was like.... What now? Let's just make it sharp edged and throw away the classic taillights. Meh.

Well I was feeling pretty good about my little shop until I saw @84Ttop's sweet new building lol
I severely lack the space (and funds/know-how/skill) for an Inground dyno.

But I did enjoy my own water problems!
20,000 gallon consumption and a $250 water bill later, I finally found my damn leak

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some jack wagon used hose clamps on plastic hard line and it pulled itself apart.

I was able to fix it and got the bathroom back operational and hosed the place out
image.jpeg

On the hunt for a new fox currently. Unfortunately being as picky as I've become (wish I had been picky before...) is making it damn near impossible to find anything in the good old Midwest rust belt

Reactions: 2 users
Well I was feeling pretty good about my little shop until I saw @84Ttop's sweet new building lol
I severely lack the space (and funds/know-how/skill) for an Inground dyno.

But I did enjoy my own water problems!
20,000 gallon consumption and a $250 water bill later, I finally found my damn leak

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some jack wagon used hose clamps on plastic hard line and it pulled itself apart.

I was able to fix it and got the bathroom back operational and hosed the place out
image.jpeg

On the hunt for a new fox currently. Unfortunately being as picky as I've become (wish I had been picky before...) is making it damn near impossible to find anything in the good old Midwest rust belt
You have quite the shop there yourself! I'm just trying to keep up with everyone else here.

Fwiw, barbed fittings and hose clamps are not too atypical on poly water line. Typically you heat the hose with a torch and push it together, the hose clamps are simply insurance. There is a knack to it though. If you over heat the pipe it losses it's memory and will eventually fail. Personally I prefer compression couplings (mac-pack) but be sure to use a stiffener sleeve inside the pipe to prevent it from crushing :)

Reactions: 1 users
I built one very similar to that. My only regret is not buying some sheet steel to put on top before loading it up with crap.
I usually do OSB top but this is way nicer this way. The seams being the only thing that bothers me. Might see if I can score some sheet from work and do the same.

Reactions: 1 users
It's an aero converted 85.
Will be LS based. Nothing past that though.
Going to cut the front end off in front of the shock towers and build my own tube front end. All the interior came with it but is removed. Might do something with the dash etc. it's rust free and straight as can be. That's all it's got going for it lol
SFCs, a spool and lowering springs.