Progress Thread Tanner's "there's Probably A Name For This Illness" Builds Thread

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg
It's cold and my garage looks like a war zone. But the mockup motor is in so we'll call it a victory for the day

Reactions: 1 users
image.jpeg
Dem fancy Ranger Drums right there

Found a set of Moser 28 splines cheap and grabbed a set of ranger drums for $50. Gonna put this rear end back together as is.
Really hoping to find someone selling a built 8.8 and just swap out the whole shebang. Who knows.

Saw over on the corral classifieds a 33spline mower axle/spool etc. you could check that out?
Darn auto correct "moser" not mower lol
I'll check it out. The axle/spool/eliminator combo is a little over $600 from moser and strange. But part of me still wants to tub the rear and cut the axles down so I've kind of held off on investing in anything yet. with all the welding and bracing that I would like, I'm hoping to come across someone parting out to save some time and money.

Reactions: 1 user
image.jpeg
It's cold and my garage looks like a war zone. But the mockup motor is in so we'll call it a victory for the day

That looks great Tanner! You know i have a car that's really solid, except for the front frame rails being totally ruined from a wreck. I've thought if i could chop it all off at the firewall and weld in an entire tubular front end I'd have a good car with a title. Does anyone sell a kit to do that? @madmike1157 @84Ttop

That looks great Tanner! You know i have a car that's really solid, except for the front frame rails being totally ruined from a wreck. I've thought if i could chop it all off at the firewall and weld in an entire tubular front end I'd have a good car with a title. Does anyone sell a kit to do that? @madmike1157 @84Ttop
No one really makes a kit. Since there are so many variables. You get into a little more trouble chopping it off at the firewall since you lose the shock mounts but it has been done quite a few times. Typically tied into a cage.

No one really makes a kit. Since there are so many variables. You get into a little more trouble chopping it off at the firewall since you lose the shock mounts but it has been done quite a few times. Typically tied into a cage.

Yeah it sounds like a pita. Too bad. I hate to scrap it.

Yeah it sounds like a pita. Too bad. I hate to scrap it.
Can't put the car in a frame rack to straighten it? Mine was beyond waffled from crashing into the wall at the track 150+mph and the car is laser straight at this point. Sorry for the Hijack

@tannerc91gt have you looked at putting the fixed position caster/camber plates on the car? They would need to be welded in and now is the time IMHO, the car will drive so much straighter at the track that it isn't funny. Fixed position plates slam the caster back well farther than you could traditionally adjust for.

@tannerc91gt have you looked at putting the fixed position caster/camber plates on the car? They would need to be welded in and now is the time IMHO, the car will drive so much straighter at the track that it isn't funny. Fixed position plates slam the caster back well farther than you could traditionally adjust for.
They asked which style I wanted when I put in my Team Z order and honestly I wasn't sure where the fixed plates fit in.
I'm guessing they just allow for more caster and straight line stability?
That and it sounds like I wouldn't need an alignment if theyre welded in the proper location?

They asked which style I wanted when I put in my Team Z order and honestly I wasn't sure where the fixed plates fit in.
I'm guessing they just allow for more caster and straight line stability? Exactly!
That and it sounds like I wouldn't need an alignment if theyre welded in the proper location? Alignment would basically be setting the ride height, toe adjustment and adjusting for bump steer. Don't forget about the thrust adjustment with the rear suspension as well.
The fixed plates aren't a must, plenty of guys use traditional plates without issue. There is always more than 1 way to skin a cat ( I mean seriously though... who skins a cat?! )

Reactions: 1 user
Managed to go the past 3-4 years just complaining about being cold and being too cheap and I finally gave in. Tractor supply had the option of a 30,000 btu heater or a 215,000 btu heater...so I guess I'll be warm tonight!
image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
So these black draglites came on the cobra and I never paid them much attention. 275/60/15 on what I thought was a 15x10 6.5.
I've never seen this much clearance on the inside before though, so I'm gonna assume they're a 15x8 lol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nevertheless, it's been "5 lugged" and so it shall sit
image.jpeg

Sideways pictures FTW!