The Shelby GT350 returns to mark its 45th Anniversary

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
It was only a matter of time, really. We all knew Shelby & company would be quick to strike and add to the aftermarket collection when the news of the 2011 5.0 Mustang broke loose. Now, the Shelby GT350 has risen from the tide, making a surprising debut at the latest Barrett-Jackson Auction. [...]

Check out more on our Blog...

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not in anyway impressed with the GT350. Base price of a new 5.0 GT is now 30,500 plus fees etc. Then add another $33k+ to that???!!! So you're lookin' at a new GT350 for a close to $70k????!!!! C'MOOOOOOOON!!! I'd rather buy a one year old C6 Z06 for less! Like someone else already said, go buy your own blower and strap it on done. They talk about saving weight with a bare bones GT - how do you do that by adding a body kit which I'm not real crazy about the styling with on top of that. :notnice:
Shelby Mustangs are just too expensive, why can't they understand that nobody wants to buy an overpriced Mustang that can't compete with other sports cars and some exotics for the kind of money they demand for these Shelbys??
Maybe it's just not what I envisioned. I expected maybe a nice hood, integrated rear ducktail spoiler, and maybe a slightly restyled cleaned up front fascia. A few bolt-ons such as exhaust, CAI, tune, suspension mods wheels and tires. Add a couple badges done. Offer the blower as an upgrade or option?
Imagine what kind of a Mustang you could build without the shelby name just by picking up a Jegs or Summit catalog? A lot of us on here have been building mean Mustangs for years doin' it ourselves. Aleast for me I think I could build a comparable 2011 Mustang GT to the Shelby for atleast $10k-$15k less and probably end up with "more" car.

Sorry for the rant, guess this car is "not for me".

Well I think this car has potential looks wise, a couple of things here and there could be polished and it would be a looker but as is it reminds me a bit of a rough draft of the Cervini Stalker. I don't think its hideous but I don't particularly like it either. That said 70K dollars?!? That's GT-R & Z06 territory not Mustang sorry I can do way better with that kind of money.

I don' mind the look of it, but it's not so tremendously different that it really stands out from a decent body kit.

The 500 horsepower is great, but not special, from say something like the new Edelbrock blower, which looks as good or better underhood than the Shelby.

The interior has some nice touches with the stitching and other small details.