The SN65 project car

Hi All,

Things have gone a bit "nuts" around here. I am working hard to update the site, but it is going to take me a cople of days to get it done.

I would just like to say that it was a pleasue meeting all the Stangnet faithfull who came to the show.

Also, I have to say that all of you. Every last one. Should be proud of the SN65 project. Without your support and suggestions, the car would not be the show stopper that it is. As a matter of fact, the SN65 would not even be finished today if not for all of you.

My hats off to you all. Posting this project on this forum has been one of the best, and fun, things I have ever done. I consider you all friends. Hope to see you sometime in the near future.

Bob

• Sponsors (?)

It can’t be finished now what will I do for inspiration? Bob I would just like to say thank you for sharing all of your hard work with a group of strangers. Watching your project come together has gotten and kept me motivated more than once through my build and for that I thank you again.:hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :flag:

Hi All,

Still working on the website, but.....

I don't know if you are interested or not, but there are a few new additions to the video section. In one of them, you can see Wayne put the car gingerly through its paces. Just remember, he only had about 60 feet to work with and he was taking it easy. He made this video while I was out to lunch. That is the last time I leave him alone with the keys. :)

Bob

SN65 said:
My hats off to you all. Posting this project on this forum has been one of the best, and fun, things I have ever done. I consider you all friends. Hope to see you sometime in the near future.
I know I am not alone in wondering what the next project is. Based upon your question for me earlier in the thread I'm guessing it will be a SN197 based GT500...the obvious name will be "SN167" of course :D

for the next project, i have a bunch of ideas like the sn65.

2001 bullitt frame, with a fiberglass '68 fastback body. highland green of course with 17" bullitt rims and 4.6L bullitt engine.

2004 mach1 frame with a 1970 mach1 body. 4.6L 4v, shaker and modern interior.

Hi All,

I think that it is time to sign off on the SN65 project thread. We are all complete, save a few minor items to chase down.

Posting this thread here has been a joy. The help received has been priceless. I cannot thank all of you enough.

I will be posting updates on the SN65 website. Mechanical updates, show schedule, track times, etc...

If you are ever in the Chicago area, I expect you to stop by the shop and say hey. And, I can always be reached via e-mail at [email protected]

06-03-10%20055.jpg

Catch ya'll l8r

Bob

Attachments

• 06-03-10%20055.jpg
    06-03-10%20055.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 101
The 3-3 thru 3-5 post on your site was excellent Bob. "The award ceremony" part is classic!!! "Meeting the judges" is even better!!!

One of the things I appreciate the most about this build, besides the attention to detail (caulking the mouldings), is the documentation of every little bit. Like the judges said about your build books, every build book I'd ever seen has been like most of the ones you described, a photo album, I don't know that I've ever seen one that had anything written under the pics unless it was the guy's 4 year old daughter with the family pooch.

I hope to document my '65 coupe build similar to what you've done, theory being, if I ever decide to sell, the documentation will back up the asking price.

Well done buys, well done. I can't wait to see what else comes out of your shop.

SN65 said:
Hi All,

I think that it is time to sign off on the SN65 project thread. We are all complete, save a few minor items to chase down.

Posting this thread here has been a joy. The help received has been priceless. I cannot thank all of you enough.

I will be posting updates on the SN65 website. Mechanical updates, show schedule, track times, etc...

If you are ever in the Chicago area, I expect you to stop by the shop and say hey. And, I can always be reached via e-mail at [email protected]

06-03-10%20055.jpg

Catch ya'll l8r

Bob
:( but best of luck! we all enjoyed the build as much as you. thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Attachments

• 06-03-10%20055.jpg
    06-03-10%20055.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 100
This goes without saying since many have said to you already,but Bob, you, your brother and anyone else who pitched in, did an outstanding job on the SN-65 project. Seeing the project come full circle is amazing and must be an incredible feeling. Once again great job on the car and congratulations on finishing it with great success!

Now, what's the next project?:D