The Stang VS 06 Lexus IS350

I actually looked at the car for the first time yesterday and its a sharp looking car, and its got the stock rims, but i have another intresting question i have been seeing the HP ratings is around 300 ish, he is dead set that this car has only 260?? did they make one with only that amount of HP

All in the new body style come either with ~300hp (IS350) or ~200hp (IS250). Maybe he's talking about rwhp?

• Sponsors (?)

IS350 will run 13.6-14.0 bone stock in the quarter mile
but,it all depends on the driver really.Your average driver
will run very high 13's low 14's bone stock under normal
conditions.I hope you are a decent driver though.You better
at least get gears FRPP 3.73's+ or don't race him at all.
This spring you better hope that he doesn't surprize you
with a turbo kit or else he will wipe the floor with you easily. :owned:
They have a decent aftermarket for the Lexus IS250 and !S350.

Car and Driver just retested the car and pulled a 4.9-

Whatever it is- its fast to 60- and then falls on its face-

All of those magazines you listed also have the IS350 running in the mid 14 second range as well- (listed as 14.3 by Lexus)

and the IS350s at the track are running much quicker-

I have raced my own IS350 against my 66 fast back- (with my old man driving the IS350)

I could only out launch the IS350 about 2 out of 5 times- and the IS350 would put up quite a fight to about 60- and the 3 out of 5 times I would not catch the IS350 until about 50-60 MPH-

and my 66 is easily as quick as a stock terminator-

the 66 has a 351 430hp crate motor, 5 speed, 9 inch with 4.11 posi, and suspension mods to back it up-

I think the problem is the Is350 gets a lot quicker after breaking it in- which would explain why the 1/4 miles times people are getting are much faster the the mag times which all except Car and Driver have the car in the low-mid 14s-

Im not trying to be defensive, as I will openly admit the IS350 falls on its face after 60-70MPH- and personally I would rather own a Stang as my daily driver if work did not require me to drive a 4 door car-

slower or not- lookswise- Stang>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IS350- IMHO

( I also want to mention, I have owned several 11 and 12 second Stangs in the past- so I can drive- and have driven several Terminators, and have a feeling for how quick they are)

I'd have to agree with you here

Well i do plan with going with the 4:10's along with the Jmod and probably finish my exhaust with the rest of the SLP setup (LT's and Xpipe with Cats) so hopefully that will pull me a little closer or make it a little more intresting.

I really had no idea about the new IS350, I would have never known. Not like I'm worried now, but just hearing its stats it would have given my GT a run when it was NA. It's a damn shame we need a blower mated to a V8 to wipe the floor with the competition.

Kudo's to Lexus/Toyota for making a great car, thats what technology will do for you!

Unfortunately, I dont think there is much left in the little Lexus though-

Compression is 11.8:1- they make a supercharger kit- but Im not about to throw a blower on a motor with that kind of compression-

I think the motor is pretty much tapped out at where it is at-

What does have my interest now is the car GM is supposed to come out with-

4 doors with the 6.0 and a 6 speed- sold as a Pontiac-

Damn it Ford-

Take the Fusion, drop in the 3v 4.6, make it rear wheel drive- and Ill bet you they would sell more-

Other then the Mustang and trucks, why cant Ford build a car I want?