The Swap Over To A New Shell. 98 To 97

AORTIZ10

May 8, 2008
hi guys i wanted to see if anyone out there would be able to help me with a tech question
so my 1998 mustang Gt conv. automatic with a full dss racing engine. The shell is twisted so i purchased a 1997 mustang gt hardtop automatic fully stock motor. i plan to move everything over to the 1997 but i had one concern will i be able to move my ECU from the 98 mustang gt conv. to the 97 gt hard top without any problems? are they compatible how do i find out if it is or isn't. has anyone experienced this before. i would like to be able to keep my tunes without have to go back and re-tune them. thanks in advance for any help

• Sponsors (?)

good call on the pats ya i have all after market fuel rails and fuel lines and pump but its still running off of the factor ecu. i was wondering if anything needs to be repin.

Ditch the 98 fuel tank/pump set up and go with the 96-97. its a WAY better setup. You may have to run an independent circuit (painless sells them cheap) for the non voltage regulated fuel pump. the 98 setup sucks. My car still rocks the 98 set up while our n2o car (also a 98) was swapped to 96-97 setup with a painless wiring kit for the fuel pumps. That solved its fuel issues. I went with a kb boost a pump and have not ran into issue yet.