The time has come...EVIL SSP gets painted

Finally got everything to finish this interior swap except for more spray dye. I got new carpet, dash pad, finally got seat tracks for my Corbeaus, the dash is in but needs a few things finished on it. I'm just waiting for a long sunny day to lay the carpet out in the sun so it relaxes. I thought it was going to be today but now the weather doesn't look too promising.

• Sponsors (?)

As for better covers, i went with the stock covers because i'm going for a stock look in the engine bay (or rather, a stock '60s look). I want it to look like an old 289 HiPo. I did restore some old Mickey Thompson valve covers for a friend and they turned out pretty amazing.

P5240004.jpg

Then I also did another set of stock covers for the same friend in black which i thought looked really good.

P6050060.jpg
I use to have a set of those M/T vc's on my 351w in my 70 Mach 1 that was stolen.... I rehabbed them with the wrinkle finish paint and block sanded tops as well....looked pretty good for oldies...

I use to have a set of those M/T vc's on my 351w in my 70 Mach 1 that was stolen.... I rehabbed them with the wrinkle finish paint and block sanded tops as well....looked pretty good for oldies...

Those pics don't do them justice...they looked factory new when I finished them. My buddy traded them away with a car (like an idiot).