The time has come....

HaveII

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2001
Houston, TX
I will be leaving Houston to move to New York and I will not be able to keep my II. :( I doubt this will be my last II and look forward to the future with the hope that one day I will own another II. Thanks for all of the help and support over the years and if all goes well the next one will get the 427 (stroked 351) and T56 I wanted for this one. Here is a link to the pictures that I took for e-bay. :flag:

http://kamis.biz/ebay/defaultnobiz.aspx

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that is a big move and a tremendous climate change. You've got one of the nicest coupes on this board. It is a shame to see it go. Let's hope the next owner takes care of it as well as you did. Best wishes with the move and let's hope for many more II's in your future.

Sincerely,
David

You will only be just barely over an hours drive from me, as I'm located a little north of the Syracuse area.

Welcome... and feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do, to help acclimate you to the Central NY area, and in your case, more precisely the Finger Lakes region.

Maybe we could meet up sometime over the summer, like at the Syracuse Street Nationals in July. You won't want to miss that show, even if you don't have a car to bring.

Please...find a way to keep that II and bring it with you!
If you get here before mid April....you'd better bring a winter coat..lol. Mike

LXXVICOBRA said:
You will only be just barely over an hours drive from me, as I'm located a little north of the Syracuse area.

Welcome... and feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do, to help acclimate you to the Central NY area, and in your case, more precisely the Finger Lakes region.

Maybe we could meet up sometime over the summer, like at the Syracuse Street Nationals in July. You won't want to miss that show, even if you don't have a car to bring.

Please...find a way to keep that II and bring it with you!
If you get here before mid April....you'd better bring a winter coat..lol. Mike

I plan to be there by mid February, but I will not be moving into the house until the end of February. It looks like I will be heading to Seattle for a couple weeks during that time. Honestly, being from Florida and Texas I have probably never owned a winter coat by your standards.

I have never seen a heavy snow storm, never had a sled, never skied, and think I saw a picture of a snow mobile once. One good thing is I will be living and working at the same place so I am hoping to adapt the climate slowly and even learn to drive on icy roads. :eek: Keep your cars off the street on icy days! :rlaugh:

It does suck not being able to take the car, but I am definetly game for the Street Nationals in July.. I hear there is lots of things to do in the finger lake region and can't wait to get there. I don't think this will be my last II and if all works out my next one will make me forget all about the one I have now. Thanks for the offer to help Mike, I will let you know. Look forward to meeting you in person.

Scott

HaveII said:
I plan to be there by mid February, but I will not be moving into the house until the end of February. It looks like I will be heading to Seattle for a couple weeks during that time. Honestly, being from Florida and Texas I have probably never owned a winter coat by your standards.

I have never seen a heavy snow storm, never had a sled, never skied, and think I saw a picture of a snow mobile once. One good thing is I will be living and working at the same place so I am hoping to adapt the climate slowly and even learn to drive on icy roads. :eek: Keep your cars off the street on icy days! :rlaugh:

It does suck not being able to take the car, but I am definetly game for the Street Nationals in July.. I hear there is lots of things to do in the finger lake region and can't wait to get there. I don't think this will be my last II and if all works out my next one will make me forget all about the one I have now. Thanks for the offer to help Mike, I will let you know. Look forward to meeting you in person.

Scott

One thing to remember, they use a *****load of salt on the roads up here, to melt the ice, and sand for traction. It turns into a muddy salt water mess on the streets. If you drive an older vehicle on the roads in the winter, you'll end up getting salt water thrown up underneath into all the cracks and crevices, and salt water eats metal quickly. Once they start using the salt on the roads, I always wait until a hard rain to wash away the crap before I bring the 'Stang out for a cruise. Wintertime is for upgrading things while the car sleeps.

Blue Thunder said:
Wintertime is for upgrading things while the car sleeps.

YUP,YUP, wintertime is for buying parts and stockpiling the basement :D , thats what i do while the car sleeps. Hasn't been moved since October.

Scott, its been a pleasure. We diehards will still be here when you finally return. Thanks for all your help! best of luck to you. By the way, we in Philly see snow all the time. Sledding, yea, you bet. Cobra in the snow.... :eek: no,no.:nono: