The Truth About Car Covers (Need Help!)

Reed

Mar 31, 2005
BC, Canada
Hey guys, just parked the car and got some storage insurance on the thing. Now, what I'm looking for is a really good car cover, but I don't know anything about them.

I'm reluctant to just go down to NAPA or Crappy Tire and pick up some generic one, so I want to know what you guys are using and what are some things I need to consider and look out for.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

I have a custom fit california car cover. It's from the same people who make the california duster. It cost over $300 but it's custom fit, machine washable and dryable, guaranteed not to scratch paint etc. So far mines been holding up really well and it works good. If you're looking for a really good one they'll make you whatever you're looking for.

i also got a custom fit california car cover. very nice and i got it on the advise of a professional detail guy at a car show that highly recommended it. plus his car beat mine lol. spend the extra money if you can afford it and you won't regret it.

I HAD the $150.00 custom fit Wolf cover that summit sells. It worked great until I didn't remember to turn the heat off on the dryer and just let it tumble try per the instructions. Now it's a $150.00 wrinkled and shrunken reminder to pay attention to what I am doing, and my car is covered in tree sap at the momemnt :(

Dont get a cheapy. I got one for xmas last yeat and its got several rips along the seams. Every time i take if off and on they seem to get bigger...although it was only $25 and gets the job done...for the most part :shrug:

I have a Wolf car cover that I got when I purchased the car from my father... It's... ohhhhh... 12 years old?? And it still works amazingly awesome. No rips or tears. The wolf label on the front is a little faded, but it's super thick and doesn't let water in, but lets it out. I think it's the 4 layer one? But I dont know. Keeps my car cleeeeean between washes.

Nick

Nice, thanks a lot guys, I'm probably looking for something in the 100 - 150 range. The car is sitting in a car port, but I mostly want to make sure it stays clean and my paint doesn't get ruined from whatever I purchase.

Custom fit cover. I think it's an Evolution3 cover i got from www.mustangsunlimited.com

It's 6 years old and held up nicely...about $120

Jan06303.jpg