The typical "no crank" thread :(

pedro

Founding Member
May 20, 2001
So I have been searching in the forums, but haven't hit the nail yet.

The thing is that my '90 Mustang doesn't crank. The strange thing over here is that I can hear both EEC and Fuel Pump relays clicking.

I really need my car back, because my wife's car was totaled by a drunk %#"&$ two days ago and my car is our only means of transportation to work right now. :(

Thank you very much guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Well it seems that there's not any power at all. I've got 2 more symptoms. If I leave the key in the ON position while I try to lower my power windows, there's a buzz coming from behind the instrument cluster. Also, if I press the Horn buttons, there's another buzz in the lower part of the dashboard, above where the gas pedal is. The only power I'm getting is to the dome lamp.

Anybody got a clue?

Do you mean the starter will not turn the engine or the engine turns over but will not fire off and run?

Check the ignition switch if you haven't already done so.

There was a FREE recall on Ford ignition switches. They overheat and sometimes catch fire. That burns up the steering column and sometimes the car interior. Since this is very old information, you may not be able to get the switch replaced for free anymore. The auto parts stores sell the switches for $13-$15.

Saleen0679 was nice enough to dig this up for us awhile back:
Ignition switch replacement article:

Replace a 1979-1993 Ignition Switch Assembly