The Young and the Ignorant

• Sponsors (?)

The sad part is I got the same treatment at the track by one of our fellow Stang owners. He had a stock 72 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland. He was a punk kid and kept making excuses for losing to everyone at the track. My buddy with an F150 on nitrous raced him and crushed him. My buddy ran a 14.2 to the mach's 14.7. The guy with the Mach proceeded to tell us he should have raced me cause he would have stood a better chance. I showed him my 13.9 timeslip @ 102mph with a crappy 2.2 60ft. He shut up then :D . Most people don't know the potential of these cars :nonono: . I'm just glad i don't have to go through the whole "is it a 5.0?" anymore. Now I can just say ya and leave it at that :D .

a friend of mine used to have a 95 gt and he had 1bad 302 on the plate, so this "pontiac guy" yelled at him in the street "that doesnt have no 302!!" trying to embarress my buddy, so my friend pops the hood and lo and behold 5.0 H.O. right ontop of the engine. Shut that guy up real quick. He was no kid either he was like 30, its ok not to know everything about every car but this guy thought it was definetly a 4.6 because of the body style.ha!

merc123 said:
A buddy and I went out to eat and we come out and there's 3 "kids" standing around my car. Upon getting in my car the following conversation insued:

Him: Nice car, is it fast?
Me: It's ok.
Him: What's it got in it?
Me: 4.6
Him: Is that a 302?
Me: No, 281
Him: Oh, small V6 huh?
Me: Yeah, small V6.

Him to his friends: Yeah, I dunno I might be able to take it. I could probably keep up with him.

*insert loud exhaust vroom as I crank it up*

Him: Yeah, I can keep up with it.

I don't even bother asking what he has and just drive off. Not really worth the time or effort, but what a dumb look my buddy and I gave him.

No offence but your the typical mustang owner I encounter around here :notnice: . Mustang guys are the most unfrendly people that I meet, with the exception of a few. Its wrong to just drive off and leave someone who is interested about your car...and whats with the lying :nonono: . Jeeze....
I actually dont talk to 99% of the stang guys at a local car show, most are stuck up. SRT-4 guys are actually some of the nicest people there :shrug: and they respect my car. I even talk to alot of the vette guys (680RWHP ones, stock, ect).

Im sorry, I just dont get how people can be like this. :nono: I probably would have talked with them for 20 minutes.

why would you waste your time talking to them? try to educate them about the car?

it goes in one ear and out the other with kids like that.

most mustang owners are arrogant and impossible to talk with though. thats why if i run into another, i just nod my head and agree. not worth the time.

^ Well this is the scenero that can and probably will unfold. Kid sees another mustang owner (GT) and walks up...This guy actually takes time out of his super busy day and talks...

KID: Hey nice ride, what motor?
OWNER: Thanks, its got a 4.6
KID: Oh that small V6, but I bet its pretty quick!
OWNER: WTH! A 4.6 is a V8, the 3.8 is the V6.
KID: Well that guy around here with that blue stang told me his 4.6L motor was a V6.
OWNER: HAHAHA what a tool, yet another mustang owner that has no idea what hes talking about.

That X mustang owner will now laugh at the thread starter everytime he sees him...and tell all the stang buddys about it. = bad rep.

THATS why, crazy stuff happenes lol. Whats a few minutes going to hurt you, not every young kid is retarded and lets info go in one ear and out the other. Alot really want to learn, and pulling that just insnt going to help anyone. How do you think I learned everything when I was a kid?

What if your parrents or anyone else you asked a question, never said anything or just lied because they felt you were "your young and ignorant, and anything I tell you will just go in one are and out the other" ? Thats a very bad mentality to have IMHO.

As time goes on, people loose all kindness....its just getting worse and worse, noone cares about anyone else anymore. :nonono:
Me, ill talk to ricers, truck owners, jeep owners, lowerrider owners....it doesnt matter. I never blow people off like that unless they screw with me first and are being retards trying to start crap.

Anywho, im done here before this gets crazy...iv made my point, no need to say anything further. I just hope you learn something from what im saying merc123, and dont let it go in one ear and out the other :nice: .

hotmustang331 said:
No offence but your the typical mustang owner I encounter around here :notnice: . Mustang guys are the most unfrendly people that I meet, with the exception of a few. Its wrong to just drive off and leave someone who is interested about your car...and whats with the lying :nonono: . Jeeze....
I actually dont talk to 99% of the stang guys at a local car show, most are stuck up. SRT-4 guys are actually some of the nicest people there :shrug: and they respect my car. I even talk to alot of the vette guys (680RWHP ones, stock, ect).

Im sorry, I just dont get how people can be like this. :nono: I probably would have talked with them for 20 minutes.

It wasn't that I was unfriendly. I greeted them first while they were standing around my car. I was just a little apprehensive because of the bar we were at and coming back from Iraq I haven't quite adjusted yet. In addition, I was with a buddy and we were in a hurry, otherwise I would have no problem showing off. I love talking and showing off the car with the amount of money I've dropped in it and especially to young kids, just not at that moment. I am now the person that young kids envy because of the car. I was the same way when I was young. I never had anything super nice until now.

I agree with you, hotmustang331, that many stang owners are stuck up. Just the other day I got behind a nice 05 at a redlight. I revved hoping he would rev back but all he did was look in his mirror. No smile or anything.

On the flipside, I was driving the other day and saw a 96 or 97 V6 with FR500 wheels on the side of the road with the hood up. I drove the 6 miles to the next exit, turned around and went back. He broke an idler pulley and the belt came off. I didn't have anything to help him so we talked for a few minutes while he waited on his Dad and then I left.

I'm not unfriendly to anyone with a car, even ricers. Everyone has their preference for what they like.

I agree with your mentality completely, as far as giving people a chance. I do however, find the ******* people in every car manufactured. There's no real grouping. I've seen arrogant Stang drivers, Honda drivers, even arrogant Gremlin drivers. It only takes a moment to realize what kind of person they are, and that tells me where to head any conversation that may occur. It seems to me, though, that there are alot of nice new GTO people around me. Probably because they are so upset that they bought a car with the biggest drivetrain power loss in history, and don't want me to blow their doors off.

Good to hear that Merc :nice: . I opologize that I missjudged you, its just that thats how it sounded in your original post lol.

And I too notice the 05 owners seem like they are "better" than us lol, I havnt came across any 05 guys that will rev back to me...or even wave haha.
And I know that every group has its unfriendly peeps, but around here the mustang group is by far the worst for some reason.