The Zika Virus.....

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Watching TV today, and they say that there was a plane flying over Miami dispersing some chemical in an attempt to control the spread of mosquitos with the virus, and that people are concerned about whether or not the chemical they were spraying was safe.....

Anybody here over 50?

In the 60's all the neighborhoods used to have a mosquito control program in place. It wasn't uncommon to be a kid out playing at night and a truck pulling a trailer was just fogging the hell out of the area,....making such a cloud of chemicals, the complete fog he left behind stayed for a couple of minutes.

We played in that fog.

We'd follow the truck.

I just asked my wife if she had one of those things in her neighborhood back then,.....

She played in the fog.

She followed the truck.

Clearly, we didn't die, or grow a second head. I've had three kids, and none of them have problems either.

What happens when somebody decides that what we had in place back then was "dangerous" and removes a working program so that airborne viruses like Zika, West nile, Malaria, Yellow fever, Elephantitus.......are kept at bay?

I know that there are now smaller businesses that come over to your house and fog your back yard before a party, or as part of a control program that you have to pay for, and if I had to guess what they were spraying,.....
I'd bet it's the exact same stuff.

But now you have to pay for that cloud for your kids to play in instead of the city you live in doing it.

I'm gonna run as an alternative presidential candidate on a "restore the fog" platform..

Economy? Pfft.....Restore the fog!
Illegal Immigration?......Restore the fog!!!
Foreign Policy?....Restore the fog!!!
Jobs?.....Restore the fog!!!

* "What's that?.....You say there's currently a candidate already whose running on a similar platform?.....What's that?.....Ohh..... Their candidate is "Living in a fog"......Hmmm":chin

I wonder if I can run on a 4th party ticket? I'll call it the "Put the fog In America where it belongs again" campaign.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I get tired of scrubbing the little suckers off the front of my car. I don't care what they spray, kill em all!

Somebody throw me a map. I thought this was 79-95 general talk.

And yes, I live down here in S Florida and it's getting nuts down in Miami, or Cuba II as I call it. I rarely if ever go there to begin with so nothing lost on me. You think the influx of mosquitos is bad? Be glad you weren't here for the boat lifts in the 80's when Castro dumped all the criminals, crazies, and HIV infected into Miami, and we had huge tent cities under bridges on I95. Watch Scarface and that is an accurate representation of Miami in the 80's.

Reactions: 1 users