Thermactor Pump?

Fenixhwk

Founding Member
Feb 20, 2002
Burtonsville, MD
Ok heres the deal. My sister has a 2000 coupe and got an engine light so she took it into the dealer and they came back and said that the Thermactor Pump had siezed, along with the check valve and the relay. I know basicaly what the pump is for, im just wondering how easy it is to fix and how expensive to replace. The dealer gave her prices of something like $600-700 to replace those three parts. How much is this going to affect the cars driving and is it necessay to get it replaced as soon as possible?

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't think newer vehicles even had thermactor pumps.. I thought they were used on older vehicles that needed and air supply for the cats to keep burning the raw fuel in the exhaust.

I'd be suspicious.

Riley

ok, the car in question is a v6, so does that mean it has one? I'm just trying to figure out if this guy is trying to pull something over on my sister, and if its a real part on the V6 then whats a reasonable price to fix it?

I'd still be suspicious. If the pump is siezed it would be obvious, the accesory belt that drives it would burn up and snap when the car is started! This happened on my 89 5.0 after it had sat for a year.

I got a new pump from Lappen's, I don't recall the cost but it was way,way less than $600-700. I popped it in there myself, it was not too difficult.