These Are My New Rims!!

I sometimes wish I went 18's instead of 17's, but at the time noone had 315/30/18 drag radials that werent $250/piece.

I have the American Racing Torq Thrust II's, 17x9.5 & 17x11.

I'd suggest those Bullets over the TTII's because they TTII's are NOT fully chrome, only the spokes are and they are about 2x as much as those.

I'd go with 305/35/18 Nitto 555R's in the front & 275/35/18 555's in the front.

Me personally my next set will be something completely different than what 99.99% of Mustang owners put on, ie. Cobra's, Bullets, etc. :D

edit: The TTII's also have a stepped lip, so it doesnt have that illusion of such a thick lip as much as that Bullet wheel.

• Sponsors (?)

How come those AR rims are so cheap though?...i know that's american money you guys are talking about, but for a wheel that blingy,that's cheap even in Igloo Currency. I'm pretty interested.

IVe seen the deep dish bullets...I just havent seen a good pic of the deep dish TTII's....that's what Im waiting for.

I want 18's too, but they do NOTHING for performance, and I just cant see buying all new tires too, when mine are still fairly good...there is a big price jump from 17's to 18's.

Also, the front bullets in that Ebay auction are 8", not 9".

Thanks
RC

Hey RC, I found a couple pics for you. First one is of the Am. Racing wheels from a better angle to show the dish. Its at the bottom of this page
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=475817&page=6

And the next one is of TTII's. Its about 3/4 the way down on the page. Its blksn955.0 car and you actually made a comment about them.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=475817&page=4&pp=25

But I think jtkz16 really shows how good the wheels look on this page. Just a little before 1/2 page. Great looking car.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=475817&page=4&pp=25

getfile.php?id=111657&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010142.JPG

getfile.php?id=111660&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010145.JPG

getfile.php?id=111661&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010146.JPG

:nice:

Attachments

• getfile.php?id=111657&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010142.JPG
    getfile.php?id=111657&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010142.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 52
  • getfile.php?id=111660&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010145.JPG
    getfile.php?id=111660&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010145.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 54
  • getfile.php?id=111661&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010146.JPG
    getfile.php?id=111661&toggle=fullsize&filename=P1010146.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 42
American Racing rebels bar none. Don't get me wrong, the bullitt and TTII's look good, but they are SO common anymore... dare to be different Rob, your car will look better and stand out more IMHO with the rebels.

The ARE's have a slightly different center cap style and the center bore is different. Also the spokes on the Bullets appear to be slightly flatter than the TTII's. Plus like I said the lip is "stepped" on the TTII's, whereas the Bullets have one solid lip. Barely noticeable if you are just a bystander.

I say get the Bullets, at least they are 100% chrome, not polished aluminum lip like the ARE's. :notnice:

And all my pics are here: http://imageevent.com/jtkz13/mustangpics

JFYI guys, were are talking two different types of ARE wheels here.... rebels and TTII's. I see a few post that I can't tell which ARE's you all are talking about. IMO the rebels will look killer with the body kit, the TTII's on the other hand I don't think will, even though they look good on the red car with the saleen body kit on it.

Paul, Im getting a lot of mixed vibes here, and I think some of it is coming across as confusing..

Most guys are sayint the BULLETS wont look good with the body kit, but Jose is saying that he "agrees" that the ARE's look good, but not with the body kit :shrug:

Also, Jtkz said
I say get the Bullets, at least they are 100% chrome, not polished aluminum lip like the ARE's
I thought those ones on the Ebay link you sent ARE ALL chrome. :shrug:

I think for the price, if the ARE's are indeed all chrome, I may go with those.

Can someone help sort through the last couple of posts and see if Im understanding this correctly?

Thanks
RC

jtkz13 said:
The TTII's DO NOT have a chrome lip, it is polished aluminum. The lip looks almost as nice as the chrome when brand new, but it gets stained and dented very easily.
OH, Thanks jtkz,
For me tho, it's really only a toss b/t the ARE's and the Bullets. The price is right on both, and they both look nice...so do your!
RC

Well I'm very anal about things like that so it bothers me. I went road-racing and got some dirt on the wheels and didnt get a chance to wash them for about a week. Now there is a shadow and some staining on only the aluminum lip, not the chrome spokes. Plus the TTII's take 6-8 weeks to get if you want the chrome spokes because they are special order. My 1st set took 3 months.

The ARE REBELS are ALL chrome to the best of my knowledge. The chrome TTII's was an option, they come in all polished as trhe standard finish. My bogarts are ALL polished and I will NEVER go back to a chrome wheel. Why you may ask... well, despite the fact that the polished wheels require polishing to maintain their luster, the fact remains that they can ALWAYS be made to look good with some elbow grease... the same can not be said for chrome. Once chrome starts to flake... your screwed as it will continue and there is nothing you can do. I will admit that chrome may live a harder life up here in the north as they put down a calcium chloride mix on the roads in the winter to melt the ice that forms on the roads... this stuff is NASTY and destroys everything. I think that's what did mine in. I never drove the car in the winter, but they spray the stuff for months on the road, so the residue stays on them for a while. I personally think the rebels are the best choice for looks for you despite my lack of love for chrome, they will look KILLER with the body kit, I don't think the bullitts will.

I've tried every product I can find that polishes/cleans aluminum and I cannot get the stains out. I have never had a chrome wheel flake off. If it is made by a decent company it shouldnt flake off if you take care of it.

I'm going to end up getting my wheels powercoated so that the finish will outlast my car. :nice: