they finally did it! w0000h0000

r3dn3ck

Apr 2, 2005
HPS finally released the 5.4 2v intake. They've also dropped the price to 695 shipped. I already got mine. Two of my buddies have as well. Should have dyno results later today from one of them.

• Sponsors (?)

you can use any year block up to 03. After that they went 3v and the motor mounts changed from what I gather. I used a 2000 expedition motor as a donor and replaced the rods and pistons with forged goodies, added some performance bearings and ARP hardware. Bolted on a set of PI heads and dropped it in.

Ported heads are only so-so in this application until there's longtubes and hotter cams in the mix. I'm having a set made now that might just yet make it to full production.

You can drop a 5.4 into any 96-04 mustang with this intake. It'll also work for other cars like the CV's and even trucks with minor mods to existing accessories (egr, plumbing, etc...)

I should have my car out of longtube header jail friday. Dyno numbers soon to come.

you can use any year block up to 03. After that they went 3v and the motor mounts changed from what I gather. I used a 2000 expedition motor as a donor and replaced the rods and pistons with forged goodies, added some performance bearings and ARP hardware. Bolted on a set of PI heads and dropped it in.

Ported heads are only so-so in this application until there's longtubes and hotter cams in the mix. I'm having a set made now that might just yet make it to full production.

You can drop a 5.4 into any 96-04 mustang with this intake. It'll also work for other cars like the CV's and even trucks with minor mods to existing accessories (egr, plumbing, etc...)

I should have my car out of longtube header jail friday. Dyno numbers soon to come.

This seems like an intresting swap. Ya got pics?