they got me....

streethorse

15 Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
Dallas Texas
:mad: Texas Highway Patrol got me this morning for an illegal lane change.
My own fault for letting my gaurd down. Two reasons.....
1. I forgot to turn on my radar detector
2. I got tunnell vision cause I was stuck behind a slow car in the fast lane.
When I finnally had the chance to go around him I didnt use the blinker
for 2 lane changes.... then I see a light show behind me....:mad:
So I just wanted to remind you guys to be observant and aware of PO PO
at all times... And I hadnt had a ticket for 3 years.

OOps .... I thought this was talk. Mods please move.

• Sponsors (?)

SUCKS! I always signal, even on the bike doing 140+ I signal (and that's manual on/off signals mind you...)....sort of got into the habit when learning to drive I guess. I usually get pulled over for burnouts, revving, or speeding, but I only have three tickets and two on my "record" to that extent, hah.

Popo are everywhere, watchout and F-the-police ;)

Man, I cant believe thats a $170 fine :jaw: I was just looking at the pamplet from my speeding ticket from a couple months back ($296 BTW) and it shows fail to signal $170:nonono:

yeah, always signal is one of my Big rules i follow.

easy things cops will pull you over for...

not signaling
no front plate
Burnt out/busted tail light
expired tags

Any ideas on how to cleanly implement a front license plate to a Saleen bumper? I've always wondered how Saleens get away without having a front license plate from the factory :shrug:

Along with camaros and corvettes

Corvettes and Camaros both have mounting points for front plates. When I bought my 99 FRC C5 it had plates on the nose, dealer gave me the Corvette nose piece and said its illegal but I could take the plates off AFTER I leave the dealership and put the "CORVETTE" cover on.

I havent run front plates for years. Never got pulled over for it in California, but some cop here in Illinois gave me a warning for speeding one time, and told me not to put the plate in the inside windshield like a lot of guys do. Apparently somebody was decapitated from the plate going airborne in a wreck,

Any ideas on how to cleanly implement a front license plate to a Saleen bumper? I've always wondered how Saleens get away without having a front license plate from the factory :shrug:

That make JDM relocation brackets they sell at Super Autobacs in Stanton CA and on the web.

They move the plate to the size and mount to the bumper, not the bumper cover avoiding holes.

And CobraRed, Vert and Cameros both have spots for plate mounts, they are just covered

That make JDM relocation brackets they sell at Super Autobacs in Stanton CA and on the web.

They move the plate to the size and mount to the bumper, not the bumper cover avoiding holes.

And CobraRed, Vert and Cameros both have spots for plate mounts, they are just covered

Do you have a link for Super Autobacs website for the JDM relocation bracket? I couldn't find it :(

I could drive over there, but it's a bit of a long distance drive (40 miles).