they got me....

• Sponsors (?)

you live in soCal and think 40 miles is a long drive :eek:

ya sissy :D

looks like the place that makes 'em is called "PasswordJDM"

i don't understand why but my car gets 14mpg even when I drive like a granny. I drive only 70mph on the highway (granny style)

i take mileage counts by resetting the trip meter to "0" miles, then drive until the trip meter hits about "175." I fill up the gas tank up full, and take "175" miles driven divided by 12 gallons of fuel (amount until pump does auto shutoff).
it lands on 14.XX mpg. Driving to autobacs and back takes almost half a tank (on the fuel meter). that's too expensive to drive like that.

sure I have 4.10 gears, but so do other people on this board and they say that they get like 24mpg, i think they're full of :bs:

You must be in the slow lane then. The average speed of the fast lane is over 90 MPH on the I-5. I used to live near san diego and if you werent moving 80 you were getting run off the road. And the cops dont do anything. They just watch the traffic speed by.

You must be in the slow lane then. The average speed of the fast lane is over 90 MPH on the I-5. I used to live near san diego and if you werent moving 80 you were getting run off the road. And the cops dont do anything. They just watch the traffic speed by.

I'm usually in the second lane from the right. I avoid the fast lane because to stay at 80-90mph means 3,000+ constant RPM's.

Why am I still getting 14-15mpg? I should have had this license plate (found it at Best Buy and laughed)

DCF_0044.jpg

Attachments

• DCF_0044.jpg
    DCF_0044.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 22
Only gotten one speeding ticket within the 14 years I've been driving, and that was a little over two years ago. Other than that I've never been pulled over. Cops here don't bother me at all, though they do stare at me a lot!

i don't understand why but my car gets 14mpg even when I drive like a granny. I drive only 70mph on the highway (granny style)

i take mileage counts by resetting the trip meter to "0" miles, then drive until the trip meter hits about "175." I fill up the gas tank up full, and take "175" miles driven divided by 12 gallons of fuel (amount until pump does auto shutoff).
it lands on 14.XX mpg. Driving to autobacs and back takes almost half a tank (on the fuel meter). that's too expensive to drive like that.

sure I have 4.10 gears, but so do other people on this board and they say that they get like 24mpg, i think they're full of :bs:

wow...that sucks...I get around 20-22 mpg with a mix of around town and stop-and-go freeway driving...it went up just a bit when I got 3:73s (from 230-250 a tankful to 240-280 a tankful)

also, in California we'll never get as good mileage as people in other parts of the country because out gas is crap

wow...that sucks...I get around 20-22 mpg with a mix of around town and stop-and-go freeway driving...it went up just a bit when I got 3:73s (from 230-250 a tankful to 240-280 a tankful)

also, in California we'll never get as good mileage as people in other parts of the country because out gas is crap

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU GET THAT MILEAGE!??? ARGH! :mad: It's still hard to believe, I guess I just have a lead foot.

As for fuel, you mean our reformulated formula exclusive to us?

I don't know...I just drive :shrug: maybe try to get it in 5th quickly? and try and be smooth with speed changes...you know get to a cruising speed and try and stay there without varying the throttle

and yes, all the additives they put in to help clean the air cut mileage 10%+ or so...so we all use more gas and probably end up polluting more...bureaucrats shouldn't make technical decisions <grrrrrrr>

Even I get about 21mpg on average and I'm supercharged lugging around over 4,200lbs worth of car and driver. :shrug:

is there something wrong with my car? to see if i can increase mileage, i changed the spark plugs and fuel filter and still not a noticeable difference.

i always change my fluids regularly, use Redline synthetic oil, Amsoil synthetic tranny fluid, and fresh green-colored coolant.

even when my car was in repair (since a Civic collided with me head on), I was given a 2005 V6 Mustang and using the same measurement formula I described above, I still got 15 pitiful MPG.

When my 04 GT was bone stock, the best mpg I could muster was 23 mpg. With the P1SC it is getting around 20 mpg.

On another note, I hadn't gotten a ticket in over 10 years, and I just got one of those photo tickets in the mail for running a red. I have no recolection of running a red, but I was on the street at that tim and the photo clearly shows me in the car running the red. Hmmm...