Think I'm going to bite the bullitt and sell the Mustang..Put it Back to stock???

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I love my GT....But I think it's time to get away from Mustangs. Don't get me wrong I love them, but it's time for something "normal" for a daily driver.

Now most of my mods are cosmetic, so should i remove them all and put the stock parts back on? It's mainly things like a shifter, cat-back, mach 1 spoiler and grill delete, bullitt pedals, IUP center trim, white face gauges, etc. I think i could sell them all and make several hundred separately.

Obviously if i trade the car in i'll take everything off as i'm sure they won't know what is stock and what is not.

But for a private sale, would a stone stock car be desirable? The only stock peice i don't have is my stock cat-back exhaust. Guess i'll have to leave my flowmaster cat-back on unless i can find a cheap stocker. :(

Is it normal to feel badly about selling my car? I've never had a problem with it and it's like new. I just feel that if i sell it I might regret it :(

• Sponsors (?)

fluffyrunnells said:
if you sell it because you cant aford it....fine, but dont sell it because your to old..?????

It's paid off so that's not the problem.

I've driven Mustangs for 10 years. I just think it's time to try something else. I'm not leaving the hobby. I own two Mustangs right now

Usually if you feel bad about selling it thats a sign your not ready to.

If it were my car, and it was paid for, I would keep it. Maybe you should put a little money into the Mustang, like possibly power wise and that would re-kindle the flame. If you can afford a Benz, you can afford a set of cams, or a blower... or both...:D

BurningRubber said:
you can afford a set of cams, or a blower... or both...:D

That's just it. If i keep it i will want to mod it. My Fox is already pretty well modded and i want to build up a nice supercharged 5.0 for it. It's just tough to do when i don't drive it everyday and i drive the GT. You say you won't mod it, but there have been days i come home and think "Hmm, i need 13" front brakes" or something like that. It never stops

I thik when i said i would regret it that was a little too blunt. I would regret selling my Fox. I think I would miss my GT for a while and feel slightly sad when she pulls away for the last time. The fun of driving it isn't there. I don't take those 2 hour cruises as often as i used to and i find myself looking at other guys my age in nice "professional" cars. All my friend's have new Lexus's and Benz's and Cadilacs so i feel it's time to move on myself. I still have my Fox which i don't plan on selling.

Anyway back to my original question. IF i was to decide to sell itshould I put it back to stock or leave as is? I might be trading it in as well so obviously i'll pull stuff off for that.

Most parts have been promised to people if i do yank em, so no i can't sell to you! :)

Ok here's another question.

WHat should I ask??

It will be back to basically stock, 36K miles, in PERFECT shape, needs nothing never had a problem. Well maintained and babied. Looks brand new except for small curbing on the pass side rims and a 1" scratch on the rear bumper. It's a 9.5 out of 10

It's a GT premium with leather, ABS/TC, 6-disk Mach 460, Bullitts and 5-spd.

NADA and Kelly Blue book came back as $15.4 and $15.5K retail.

I want to start high, as i'm in no rush to sell so maybe i can get some kid to get really eager about it

Skud said:
You'll be back...

Who said I'm leaving? :shrug:

I'll still have this
St1.jpg

You wont get anything extra by leaving parts on it unless you have a very slick looking pro body kit...things like springs, shifters and spoilers are invisible to most buyers. It all comes down to you wanting to bother removing things and trying to unload them. If it's worth the time then return it to stock, if not just sell it as is.

As far as replacement vehicles, go drive one of these...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2006/2006-AC-Schnitzer-ACS6-Sport-BMW-M6-SA-1280x960.htm

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Is it me or is everyone selling their mustangs? :D
I regret selling my old 92 GT it was really in mint condition
and I loved that car.If I had your car I wouldn't sell it but,
it's your call and your car.I hope you come around somethings
it will suck if you leave and never come back.
If you really are going to sell your beautifull mustang I would
just sell it with all the mods on it.I wouldn't waste my time taking
your parts off your car.Also I think your car will sell faster with
the mods because it looks awesome and I think everyone will agree! :nice:
www.ebaymotors.com
www.autotrader.com