Think I'm going to bite the bullitt and sell the Mustang..Put it Back to stock???

• Sponsors (?)

5.0's 4 ever said:
Just giving you a warning don't buy a LS or Aviator :notnice:

Yeah i used to own a Mark 8, so i know about Lincoln's electrical's crapping the bed.

The top cars i'm looking at are a Maxima, Acura TL and a 2003-2004 Caddy STS, the style before current.

Each has their pro's and cons

TL is VERY common on the road, i see maybe 7-8 a day, however Acura is very reliable and the interior is dead sexy

Maxima isn't really considered a luxury car. Awesome performance though esp. with the 6-spd and i love the exterior looks and it has a good aftermarket. Already discovered 350Z brembos can be put on them

I like the STS, i think it's a sharp looking car. Downside is it only comes in automatic. I really wanted a 6-spd.

I also kinda wish i could get a 2 door like the old Acura 3.2CL type S. Those were nice cars but not sure i want to get one since i'd like something new and under 10K miles

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something with Navigation, HID headlights (or at least had it as an option so i can install them myself after) 6-disk stereo, sunroof and preferably a 6-spd manual tranny.

Also would prefer FWD or AWD since i need to drive it in the snow. Was considering a G35 coupe, but don't know how those react in the snow since they are RWD. :(

You can get 15k for it i think. Dealers are getting 17+ for them, though that is helped by the whole ability to finance. 15k is not unreasonable, though.

BTW...I want your IUP trim!

GT JAY said:
The used car market is for $hit right now. Well, atleast it is here in Michigan. I was told that my 03 GT vert with 17k miles was only worth 16K :rlaugh: :lol:

But I'd definately return it to stock before you sell it.:nice:

I'd be happy if I could get 16k for my 03 with 22k miles. Very happy. I was quoted 12k in trade. That suckssss

i had an 89GT, then a jeep...thought about the mustang, then I had a Mitsubishi Diamante, really nice car (i was being grown up), i really thought about the mustang when I had that. Then I bought the BULLITT. You will want her back, trust me.

Mel96GT said:
Yeah, it's tough sometimes to put up with a Stang after you drive a nice sports sedan like a newer Benzo or Beamer. Good luck and be sure to show us your new acquisition.

wrong.

one of our coworkers at my old job bought a new M3. wanting to see what the craze about the M3's were, i asked her if i can drive it.

hated it. sloppy, too cushy. made me feel disconnected from the road. shifter was so smooth you couldnt feel where the next gear was or if you even moved from 2-3 or from 2-1 since it was so effortless. and wasnt even fast, sure it was a bit quicker than the GT, but my dsm wouldve ripped it whole.

i got back in my car, drove, felt the road, felt the raw power of a V8, felt the car around me moving with the road, felt the shifter and the tranny knowing which gear im in, felt like i was actually going 55 when i was going 55. no thanks, ill stick with raw masculine power over refined weenie boy sophimistication.

Pennywise2 said:
Are you considering getting a new 06 Subaru WRX or STI? They are really nice cars and drive we'll on wet or
snowy roads with the proper tires of course.

considering it but they are at the bottom of my list. I want something more luxury like an Acura or a Lexus or something like that.

Plus i might feel weird driving around in the "enemy" :)

Mustang5L5 said:
I love my GT....But I think it's time to get away from Mustangs. Don't get me wrong I love them, but it's time for something "normal" for a daily driver.
I know, but i think it's time to "grow up". I know i'll miss it, but i think it's time.
i find myself looking at other guys my age in nice "professional" cars. All my friend's have new Lexus's and Benz's and Cadilacs so i feel it's time to move on myself.
No offense, but you sound like you're in highschool. All my friends drive Civics. I should get one to so I won't get made fun of by them.
Those are the wrong reasons to sell a car.

The fun of driving it isn't there. I don't take those 2 hour cruises as often as i used to
This is a good reason to sell a car. Unless it's your "friends" taking the fun out of driving it.
If you feel like it's getting old and "what's the point of modding it," get a Mach 1 or Cobra. More power and you didn't have to mod it.

GT JAY said:
Nope, wouldn't touch it. That right there indicates it's more than likely been beat on
Mine's still stock and I beat on it all the time (dragstrip, burnouts, mountain runs).
You said it yourself, someone could just put everything to stock, and you would buy it because it looks stock.
The only car you should buy is a brand new car, but there's also the chance someone at the dealership beat on it.
I really don't think you should worry about a couple mods. That could also mean they actually cared about the car and did regular checkups on the car.
Compared to the person who just drove it and left it stock because it was "just" a car and didn't worry about regular maintenance of the vehicle.

I would go with a G35. Two people at my work have them and so does my brother in law, all of them like their cars.

When it comes to winter driving I don't know how great they are, you could probably ask some northern people on a g35/350z forum. Either way I'm sure they are better in the snow than a mustang though.

my mom has a g35 sedan and her and my dad are always arguing on who drives it

i like it too but given the choice i'd take an S60R. i drive s60's every day and i really like them, the R even more so

300hp, awd, 6spd, HID, leather, moonroof all standard with nav as an option

volvo_s60r.jpg

you won't be killing vette's anytime soon but i can tell you firsthand they're QUICK, boost is almost instantanious
i almost got one (dark grey 6spd) a few months ago but only had a few hours to decide (long story)
a friend at work just got a black 'o4 6spd with the factory body kit on a lease return a few weeks ago. after driving his again i regret not buying it:nonono:

Superhereaux said:
i like it too but given the choice i'd take an S60R. i drive s60's every day and i really like them, the R even more so

300hp, awd, 6spd, HID, leather, moonroof all standard with nav as an option

volvo_s60r.jpg

you won't be killing vette's anytime soon but i can tell you firsthand they're QUICK, boost is almost instantanious
i almost got one (dark grey 6spd) a few months ago but only had a few hours to decide (long story)
a friend at work just got a black 'o4 6spd with the factory body kit on a lease return a few weeks ago. after driving his again i regret not buying it:nonono:

Damn, what's the pricing on that slightly used? That looks pretty damn good. I could see myself in one of those. Maybe i should check that out as well

Penguin said:
No offense, but you sound like you're in highschool. All my friends drive Civics. I should get one to so I won't get made fun of by them.
Those are the wrong reasons to sell a car.

This is a good reason to sell a car. Unless it's your "friends" taking the fun out of driving it.

No i don't hear any flak from my friends on my car. They know I like Mustangs so they leave me around. All my feelings come from myself.

It's just on a nice friday night i'd rather go into the city in my friends '06 STS or something like that. And then at my last job interview i took my sister's Maxima and felt normal getting out of it in a suit and tie vs previous interviews where i took my Mustang and felt a little out of place.

This is just me longing for something different.

I'm not sick of Mustangs, don't get me wrong. I love em. Today i drove 200 miles in my GT for a cruise/meet for my local Mustang club. I loved every second of cruising on the highway with 20 or so Mustangs. But come monday when i go back to work i'll have the feelings of having a nice daily driver again.

I have my fox and i'm not selling it. That was my first car when i was 16 and there is emotional attachment. Parts are cheap and mine is pretty well modded already. Plus it's less common on the road and everything i drive it I get more attention than with the GT. SO out of the two if one has to go it's the new GT.

I have my reasons for selling, so i don't want to try to justify them to everyone.

I haven't even decided if i want to sell yet. I can't decide on what to replace it with. Once i know what i want, i'll make my final decision. Until then i'm just browsing around at everything. My mindset is "WHat car would i be willing to sell my GT to get?" and right now nothing is jumping out at me. :shrug:

QUICK91LX said:
I'd be happy if I could get 16k for my 03 with 22k miles. Very happy. I was quoted 12k in trade. That suckssss

:chair: Mine is a loaded drop top and it had -17,000 on it at the time.

Penguin said:
Mine's still stock and I beat on it all the time (dragstrip, burnouts, mountain runs).
You said it yourself, someone could just put everything to stock, and you would buy it because it looks stock.
The only car you should buy is a brand new car, but there's also the chance someone at the dealership beat on it.
I really don't think you should worry about a couple mods. That could also mean they actually cared about the car and did regular checkups on the car.
Compared to the person who just drove it and left it stock because it was "just" a car and didn't worry about regular maintenance of the vehicle.

:stick:

IF I was going to buy a used car like a Mustang or any other performance car, I just wouldn't look it over and say o.k I'll take it if it was stock and looked good. Hell no. I'd take it over to my buddys shop (who happens to be a State Certified Master Mechanic) and put it up on the hoist and have him check it over with a fine too comb.

Mustang5L5 said:
Damn, what's the pricing on that slightly used? That looks pretty damn good. I could see myself in one of those. Maybe i should check that out as well
My friends boss has one and claims to put down 340 with just a chip, but he doesnt know that much about cars so I dont know if more was done, none the less, its quick. You could also try for the new IS, its another AWD, 6-speed, 300 hp car

rollin68 said:
My friends boss has one and claims to put down 340 with just a chip, but he doesnt know that much about cars so I dont know if more was done, none the less, its quick.
340 at the crank, still not too bad for a software download. not cheap either
http://www.evolvecars.com/site/index.php?id=101,251,0,0,1,0

as far as a used one, low 30's i would assume:shrug: