Think your msitake is bad? THE BIGGEST IDIOT MISTAKE OF ALL TIME!!!

might as well add something even though its been 3 months...
my friend and I were installing his nitrous on his '01 GT, he mixed up the solenoids and didnt realize it at first , it was supposed to make 150 HP, but with them switched, yera it was definetly over 240 HP, needless to say when we were testing it and he romped on the gas pedal...BOOM-and that was his 2nd engine...

• Sponsors (?)

when i was first learnign to drive stick, iw as in my uncles WRX....so i almsot redlined in 2nd gear, cuz i fealt like seein how the thing relaly performed, and then went to go into 3rd, and wqent into 5th by accident, so i took it out of 5th to ptu it in 32rd...HELLO 1st gear!!!......holy *****......NEVER do that...luckily when the car snapped, ,my foot acutalyl pressed the clutch in........i almsot pissed my pants.....

A friend of mine was changing the exhaust on his 90 GT rather than taking off the wheel and removing the pipes that have the mufflers on them he cut them

man O man i just did the same thing a coupleofdays agond never even thought to take the tires off and slid the pipes out!
Welll you live and learn

This one buddy of mine, his dad owns an autobody. It was a couple of days before this huge car show. This rich guy is getting his 67' Chevelle painted inside and out. This car has a nutty 327 in it. The guys at the shop rush to get this car done. My buddy's dad feels bad they took so long, so he decides to deliver the car to the owner himself so the guy could get it assembled before the show! No interior in this car, he throws a milk crate in it and fires it up for us to hear. Well, he opens the drivers door because there is still paper on the rear window. He puts the car in gear and begins to back up. He steps on it too hard, falls of his milk crate and backs out of the shop, ripping the drivers door around into the fender, wrecks the front grill, knocked the hood out of allignment and through the windsheild!

I have never seen someone so white in the face before!:eek:
His dad ended up spending around $5000 to fix his screw up, and the guy hates his guts now!

One more!:cool:

This lady comes into the Shell gas station i'm working at. She buys 1L of oil. She comes back 10 min later and buys a 4L jug of oil. Comes back 10 min later and buys another 4L. I'm thinking, wow a woman that does oil changes, cooool! Then I see her go around the corner and poor it in her car. Turns out, she thought the oil had to come to the top of the oil filler tube. Dumb chick! We ended up draining 20L's of oil from her grand prix.

She says"I thought it was running weird!:bang: "

Originally posted by wantsa91gt
A friend of mine was changing the exhaust on his 90 GT rather than taking off the wheel and removing the pipes that have the mufflers on them he cut them

man O man i just did the same thing a coupleofdays agond never even thought to take the tires off and slid the pipes out!
Welll you live and learn

you have to unless you have the bolt on tips.

Good case of bad luck.......

Last year me and a buddy were thrashing on my car for 3 nights in a row getting it ready for the NMRA event in Maple Grove. New SPEC stage 3 clutch, Lakewood bellhousing and a few other things were finally finished up around midnight the night before we were to leave. I had begun to let the jack down and get my baby back on the ground for the first time in a few days. The jack slips off the crossmember and smashes my oil pan. I borrowed a car for that race. :mad:

Ok...here goes a little story.

Since this thread is about consequences with detrimental effects, I guess this kindof applies, but is relatively :OT:

Anyway, when my best friend and I used to hang out, his sister was like best friends with this half-retarded chick. I messed around a little with his sister, and you know how things get boring, so I got rid of her. She hated me for it and her retarded friend were out to get me.

At the time I had a 83 T-Bird V6 with 200,000+ miles on it. That car just took a licken and kept on tickin. These chicks poured sugar in my gas tank!!! I didn't realize it until one day when I went to add fuel, I noticed crystals by my gas cap. Man, I was pissed...although I didn't notice a difference in the car (except it seemed to run better) paybacks were necessary.

For the next 3 months, I let the drama settle...but for this entire time during a Buffalo winter, everytime my friend and I had to piss, we'd put our heavy jackets on, boots, etc...and walk out to the garage and pissed in a 5 gal gas jug ;). Finally, after 3 months we grew a little impatient and an opportunity had presented itself.

That nite, this stupid bitch left her blazer unlocked so my bud and I listened to the Sublime "Apr 26, 1992" song, and decided to "participate in some anarchy". ;) We went out to the garage at about 2:00 in the morning, dumped about 2 gal of used oil into this gas container, a quart or two of tranny fluid, and some bondo hardener and kitty litter and a nice water/diesel mixture.

We went out to the truck with the gas can, a coffee can filled w/kitty litter and a wrench and a valve stem core remover. All the contents of the gas can were dumped into her tank! While I was filling her gas tank, my bud popped the hood, opened her butterflies and dumped about 1/2 the can of kitty litter into the intake. The other 1/2 the can went into her crankcase when he used a funnel to get it down her oil dipstick tube! Once I emptied the gas can we put the icing on the cake.

While I wrenched the hell out of her tierod on the right side my bud deflated her right tire enough to make it pull. Then he removed all the valve stem cores and put the caps back on so it would slowly deflate until she took off the valve stem cap to inflate...then it would just stream outta there.

It was so hilarious the next morning when she tried to turn that thing over!!! I will never forget that moment. We stood on the 2nd story window overlooking her trying to start that truck, listening to it crank, then backfire like crazy out the intake. She was flaming pissed and knew it was us, so we went back and pretended like we were sleeping. She "woke" us up and proceeded to chew our asses and we proclaimed our innocense.

Needless to say, even after the tow, a new engine and an alignment, that bitch still came around. She was one of those people that you just look at and they look so stupid and ugly you just want to :chair: them or punch them in the face.

I've never wanted to hit a chick so much in my life, but I restrained everytime I saw her. Turns out I had some justification when she got a DUI one time (told you she was stupid) she got out of the ticket because the cop checked the box for "male" on the ticket!!!

Even though it was :OT: I hope you enjoyed this story...those were the good ol' days.

Jon

TheMusclestang said:
oh and another !

my 1st job fresh out of high school , in a texaco . Did a oil change on a chebby 350 pick-up . Brand new truck . 1st oil change . Im all excited .

Was a busy day , and I was rushing again . Crank it up , sit there looking at the guages , hmm , the oil pressure sure takes a long time coming up on these new trucks ..... I get out , look under it to see if I left out the plug .... nope . hmm . Look at the guage again , still no reading . Look next to my toolbox , and there sits 5 quarts of oil :eek:

Boss comes out , sees me putting in oil ...... AFTER it was already running for a minute ..... gives me this look like * you hadnt better hurt that motor * and shakes his head , walks off .

Luckily it ran fine .

Never come near me, understand!

Allright...here goes,

I was was all excited about reinstalling my stock home ported by "me" intake. Well got it all done and my buddy was tightening up my passenger side fuel rail and snapped off the bolt :bang: .

Well I said there isn't much we can do so I tied the rail to the coolant line with fishing line, fired it up and it held great! :rolleyes:

Weeks go by and heck I totally forget about the whole thing. Back then I had an all stock motor but with an NOS 125 hp dry kit. So I get my bottle refilled and take a friend for a ride down the road, see where this is going yet nitrous users?

Well about 2 seconds into the pass where the fuel pressure shoots up from the dry kit I notice the car isn't running right and it stinks of fuel!!! The rail popped up and sprayed fuel from injectors 1 & 2 all over the engine and puddles fuel all over the lower intake. :nonono:

Well I had AAA so I called them to tow the car home where I could fix it. They get it there and I'm looking the car over in the driveway and decide to remove the cap to get a better look at the rail. Yup that's fuel... I'm all alone and can't push the car into the garage so I figure, what the heck I'll fire it up for a second and pull it right into the garage. Fire it up I did when I forgot to reinstall the cap before I shut the hood. Flames erupted from within the engine bay!!!!! :owned:

I'm still not sure how I was able to put out that fire with my garden hose... Had to buy a whole new injector harness, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, vaccum lines, all new coolant hoses, TPS sensor, you name it!

Top that for a brain fart...

Fastime331 said:
Allright...here goes,

I was was all excited about reinstalling my stock home ported by "me" intake. Well got it all done and my buddy was tightening up my passenger side fuel rail and snapped off the bolt :bang: .

Well I said there isn't much we can do so I tied the rail to the coolant line with fishing line, fired it up and it held great! :rolleyes:

Weeks go by and heck I totally forget about the whole thing. Back then I had an all stock motor but with an NOS 125 hp dry kit. So I get my bottle refilled and take a friend for a ride down the road, see where this is going yet nitrous users?

Well about 2 seconds into the pass where the fuel pressure shoots up from the dry kit I notice the car isn't running right and it stinks of fuel!!! The rail popped up and sprayed fuel from injectors 1 & 2 all over the engine and puddles fuel all over the lower intake. :nonono:

Well I had AAA so I called them to tow the car home where I could fix it. They get it there and I'm looking the car over in the driveway and decide to remove the cap to get a better look at the rail. Yup that's fuel... I'm all alone and can't push the car into the garage so I figure, what the heck I'll fire it up for a second and pull it right into the garage. Fire it up I did when I forgot to reinstall the cap before I shut the hood. Flames erupted from within the engine bay!!!!! :owned:

I'm still not sure how I was able to put out that fire with my garden hose... Had to buy a whole new injector harness, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, vaccum lines, all new coolant hoses, TPS sensor, you name it!

Top that for a brain fart...

Brain fart doesn't even come close, but i think i broke a rib laughing at you! :nice:

I was doing a fuel filter change on the stang. So I relieved the fuel pressure, cut off the fuel pump, and let the car run until it dies out. Anyways, I'm under the car removing the clips that secure the lines to the fuel filter. It never dawned on me that there was still quite a bit of fuel left inside the fuel filter. :bang: So when I removed the fuel filter I ended up getting an eyeful of gas. Not only that, I busted my lip on one of the exhaust pipes because I got up in a hurry to wash it out.

pulling the engine out of my skylark, we thought everything was cool, and began to raise the hoist. it didn't take long to realize that we had forgotten to brace the transmission (i guess it was habit since every other time i've pulled an engine we left he bellhousing bolted up). the torque converter and front end of the tranny flies down, rips the mount on the tailshaft in half and slams the drivehaft into the floorboard. whoops.

hahahahh what a nice way to wreck a honda

speedytang

Some years ago I worked for a company installing aftermarket cruise controls. We all hated to do a Honda because they had 100+ vacuum hoses everyplace. Well in the kit the directions showed to take the vacuum hoses with a red stripe and a purple stripe and tee them together and use that vacuum source for the vacuum pull on the cruise. So I installed everything inside the car and tested with a tester and it passed, so I started on the under the hood installation. Completed it and started the car to build vacuum hooked up the tester for the engine test and what should happen is it would raise the idle a couple of rpms and drop to show the cable was pulling the throttle and the vacuum was working. Well you can just guess what happen next. I pushed the button the car revs to about 10,000 rpm screams like a weed wacker on nitrous and shuts off on its own before I could hit the key. I fixed the problem(wrong vacuum hoses found a dozen with a red stripe and purple.) Well I went to lunch figuring I would see if it started and test again. I am at lunch my boss takes the work order and closes the hood. The customer comes and pays for the job and starts the car, at the roach coach about a dozen of us hear this load engine screaming then a big back fire and a loud crash. The customer started the car put it in reverse it revved to forever land and crashed thru the waiting room and took out a row of seats a restroom and a service counter. Nobody got hurt but what a mess. We stopped installing those kits on Honda