Think...

<---the most mature immature SOB ever :D

Don't forget the wellbeing of other people's property. My good tax money going to scrape the body parts of some dumb racer off the side of the road...my precious time waiting in traffic for the road to re-open....and good point, I would compare street racing more to driving drunk than I would just plain ol' speeding.

• Sponsors (?)

I street race on the occasion, but never do i just happen to see some ricer on the highway and go at it with them during the middle of the day. If i street race its done smartly. It would obviously be with someone i am planning on going with, and done at earliest 1:00am on a straight highway where we both know we will shut down around 100. There is no need for excess speed above that, usually by that time you know who is winning. I am not saying street racing is safe or anything, it is extremely dangerous and yes, irresponsible but i think the main problem which no one has mentioned yet is street racing which involves dipping. ( dipping is weaving through traffic, using the shoulder as a lane, etc.) This is what is absolutely intolerable in my opinion. weaving through traffic at 6 at night doing 110mph is what makes street racing so horrible and looked down on. idk just how i feel

myponyrocks said:
The yellow signs are SUGGESTED speed limits for the turn... at least in all 4 states I've lived in.

Oh, my bad. This is from one of the other forums I visited after he was in a wreck:

A deputy showed up within 2 minutes of calling. I left the truck with cuts and bruises which is extremely amazing. I'm being charged with to fast for conditions (recommended speed for the turn by DOT is 15MPH).

All street racing is dangerous and irresponsible. It does not matter how smart you think you are doing it or how safe you think you are being. You simply can not control all elements of a PUBLIC road. When you are racing, you are concentrating on driving the car and winning, not what might jump out in front of you. That is why tracs have bariers and fences.

DocG2828 said:
Just because there are multiple reasons for car accidents does mean they are all on the same level in terms of irresponsibility and stupidity. Yeah, I speed...am I more likely to get in a wreck on the interstate at 80 vs. 70....maybe.....is the wreck more likely to kill someone....maybe....but I'd still contend that doing 125 on a street is MORE dangerous than doing 80 on the interstate. More people may die as a result of speeding, but did the statistics happen to have a method of determining if speeding wasn't a factor in the accident, that all the occupants would have survived? Doubt it.

Well its not exactly that simple. What we have to look at here is this.

Is doing 10MPH over for 30 miles safer than running up to 125 and letting off while racing once in those 30 miles, and the rest of the time you do the speed limit?
Its hard to say, but each is a consious decicion where you know your putting others in danger theyare not supposed to be in, yet we still do it. :shrug:

And Jstreet, AGREE 100%! Thats exactly why.

merc123 said:
Oh, my bad. This is from one of the other forums I visited after he was in a wreck:

how fast was the guy going? Usually you won't get a ticket for that unless its excessive or in addendum to another infraction.

sorry off topic

The point of the thread is to make you THINK. It isn't a diatribe for or against the dangers of street racing. Some of you may deem some aspects safe and others would completely disagree. There are hundreds of accidents everyday involving other factors...and many we ahve complained about here.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=608825

I know where this wreck happened...been down that road numerous times...and the part where the accident happened was an undeveloped stretch BUT...the bridge is the major factor in the accident since it is a draw type and the surface makes a major change in elevation.

In this same area, within 20 miles maybe, is a deserted sugar cane road known for it's use as a "track"...road conditions make the difference too as well as traffic. I'd imagine there are alot of areas in other states away from surburban areas that are pretty desolate. We have tons in South Louisiana. The point is be careful...whether you are talking on the phone, changing a radio station or see some moron coming at you on a 4 lane doing 100.

As far as the yellow "suggested" speed signs...yes you can go faster but if you happen to screw up be prepared to get the ticket for driving unsafely if you are involved in an accident.

stangGT97 said:
+1 to that bro. My cell phone remains clipped on the passenger sun visor the whole time I am driving my car. If it rings, so what? If it is important enough the person will leave me a message and I will call then when I get to point B. I can't count how many times I have been driving on the highway and some behemoth SUV just drifts over into my lane... sure enough, the idiot is gabbing away on the cell phone. They need to have a universal hands-free law, I know NY has that law and I wish others would follow. However, this law will not do anything to help out people that just cannot drive to save their lives... which accounts for the other half of the ulcer I am developing from driving in Ohio...

There is a law where i live if you get caught talking on the phone while driving its a fine. I got that blue tooth technology for that reason.

I don't think the whole ear bud or blue tooth crap makes a difference with cell phones. I've seen just as many talking on their "hands free" devices that drift and plain can't drive.

I saw a guy talking on his hands free AND holding his phone in the air. What's the point of hands free then?

I talk on the cellphone when driving but I try to get off as soon as possible or I'm in little traffic. If I am in traffic I'll let it ring.

stangGT97 said:
so they have that in Ohio? Then why is it I almost get pwned by someone on a cell phone like every day?? :fuss:

Yea im sure guys using cell phones while driving is pretty common around there. A guy trying to stay in contact with all of his wives is im sure pretty time consuming :D :lol: .

merc123 said:
I don't think the whole ear bud or blue tooth crap makes a difference with cell phones. I've seen just as many talking on their "hands free" devices that drift and plain can't drive.

I saw a guy talking on his hands free AND holding his phone in the air. What's the point of hands free then?

I talk on the cellphone when driving but I try to get off as soon as possible or I'm in little traffic. If I am in traffic I'll let it ring.

Idiot drivers are going to be dangerous whether they are on the phone or picking their nose. But at least I see drivers with hands free sets look over thier shoulder and use their turn signal once in a while. They won't if they have the phone up to their ear.

hotmustang331 said:
Yea im sure guys using cell phones while driving is pretty common around there. A guy trying to stay in contact with all of his wives is im sure pretty time consuming :D :lol: .

Nah where i live theres not alot of people, the nearest interstate is 70 and its like an hour away, if ya get my point. Pretty much a tight community around here where everyone knows everybody. I am one of two people that own a modded mustang here.

speaking of wives i just found out im going to be a daddy finally, about 10 min ago, it only took 7 yrs and the doctor said she could never have children. Shows what they know:nonono: She took 3 tests to make sure rofl. Nice turbo setup btw hot been meaning to tell ya, takes alot to fab up that stuff.