thinkin bout sellin stang......

gargol139

Nov 23, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
So I've had my stang for just over a year now, I'm thinkin bout sellin it to get rid of my payment and drive a beater for a while. It's been a great first muscle car. But I'm gonna try and sell it for $12,000, its an 01 auto, with 60K, do you think i'm crazy or is there a chance someone will buy it. Any suggestions comments are welcomed with open arms.

• Sponsors (?)

gargol139 said:
So I've had my stang for just over a year now, I'm thinkin bout sellin it to get rid of my payment and drive a beater for a while. It's been a great first muscle car. But I'm gonna try and sell it for $12,000, its an 01 auto, with 60K, do you think i'm crazy or is there a chance someone will buy it. Any suggestions comments are welcomed with open arms.

Good luck at that price...it's way too high.

Check KBB.com to see what a private party used price should be.

If you truly luv Mustangs you'll end up buying another one in the near future again anyway. Payment now or payment later? I was without a Mustang for 2 years. Not because I did'nt want one, but because I sold my '93 GT to buy a Mach 1. It took a couple years but I bought one. The one I ordered in late '02 ran into a snag.

Yeah I can totally appreciate your situation... That was the exact same reason why I sold my Bullitt a couple of years ago. My income at the time wasnt what it is now and I was just soo financially straped making the payments that I couldnt afford to do anything, let alone mod it. That being said, if you caught the bug like I did you will end up with another mustang before too long.
Have you considered selling it and buying an earlier Mustang like a 94-98? You can find some really good deals on those.

As far as 12K for yours, I think you will have a hard time getting it. From what I have seen auto mustangs have a much lower resale value than manuals, but the resale on all mustangs is pretty bad... Go figure autos cost more new, and sell for less used.