Thinking about a Cobra intake

I am thinking of buying a Cobra intake and elbow adapter for our car, so far the only mods are 3.73's, offroad H, Dynamax turbo mufflers, K&N filter, underdrive pullies and few odds and ends. I have read that the stock intake manifold on 94/95 model Mustangs is not exactly a performance piece. Would there be a decent increase from this upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Here is the one I am thinking of getting

http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/...&Product_Code=M9424Z51&Category_Code=50INTAKE

• Sponsors (?)

I would try to find a used one for cheaper, or for that price if you want to get a new one (a little more $) something like a Trick Flow/Edelbrock. Also, there's a 94-5 Cobra intake w/ the elbow built on to it already if you could pick one of those up on a deal. I had a similar combo to yours in my last car, and had a Trick Flow street intake, and it seemed like there was a nice difference. Its been so long ago though, I cant really give you a good idea. There should be quite a few people on here that could probably give you a good idea of what to expect

I found one in one of the Mustang mags for $310.00, that doesn't seem to bad to me. I would like to keep it all Ford for the most part under the hood. The junkyards where I live don't have any 5.0 Explorers and all of the ones I have checked within 100 miles don't have any either so an Explorer intake really isn't an option. Does anyone know if any of the other manufacturers elbow adapters will work?

Thanks again.

Look around... I just did a 94-95 cobra for $235 all said and done... that is the intake, gaskets, coolant, oil, new o-rings for some injectors...

I actually just put that I wanted one in my signature and a couple guys came to me to see if I was interested. One guy was local and about a week later the deed was done... :)

BTW, it is well worth it.

Look around... I just did a 94-95 cobra for $235 all said and done... that is the intake, gaskets, coolant, oil, new o-rings for some injectors...

I actually just put that I wanted one in my signature and a couple guys came to me to see if I was interested. One guy was local and about a week later the deed was done... :)

BTW, it is well worth it.

hmmm wonder what guy that was? :rolleyes:

my loss, your gain... atleast someoen is happy with it :nice: