Thinking about a girdle

nickthegenius

Dec 23, 2002
Elwood, IN
I've been thinking about getting a girdle for my rear-end. Are these really worth the $150 or so that most places charge for them. Is there really any differences between brands as far as strength or functionallity?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds kinky. Doesn't look like your avatar girl approves either. :rlaugh:

Is it a stock rear, or do you have it built up already? If you already have all the goodies, it wouldn't hurt to top it off with a new cover. Otherwise, the are far more many weak spots in the rear end than that.

Not sure if it made any noticeable difference when I put my FRPP Girdle on. I needed to change the factory dif. fluid, so thought it would be good to throw the girdle on at the same time. The FRPP Girdle does have carrier bearing cap supports, so that's a good reason in itself to put one one. Changing the fluid and inspecting my gears while the cover was off was worth the time and money.

GinoGT said:
Sounds kinky. Doesn't look like your avatar girl approves either. :rlaugh:

Is it a stock rear, or do you have it built up already? If you already have all the goodies, it wouldn't hurt to top it off with a new cover. Otherwise, the are far more many weak spots in the rear end than that.

One of the things that will change in my car this coming winter or early spring will be a new rear carrier (31 spline) with matching axles and as set of 4.10s or 4.30s. I'd rather swap it out and sell the 3.73s and the OEM stuff to get a little of my $$$ back. I was figuring I might as well put the girdle on there while its torn apart.

I guess if there isn't much difference in design or function, I'll just grab whatever I can get a deal on at the time.

Dont want to hijack here.
I have an housing being built right now, 31/eaton posi welded tubes, and I did not want to go with a girdle because of potential clearance issues with the fuel tank / hose running on the back of the tank. Also that thing weights tons compared to the stock cover, and given my HP level even if I go past 400rwhp as I plan to, I thought it would make pretty much no difference for strenght?