Thinking About Buying a Corvette!

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Well guys Im considering ordering an 08 C6 Corvette next month and selling the GT and using that to pay off some of the Vette. Im looking at the LT1 Pakage with both targa roofs, and auto w/ the paddle shifters. I can get one for 500-1000 over dealer invoice so I would save quite a bit of money on it. The 08s also come with the new LS3 engine with 450hp and 2.73 gears (equall to a 4.10 the way the tranny is setup) and interior upgrades. Then Im going to tint the windows and buy a set of chrome rims for it. Everything would be paid off so there would be no car payments.

Am I losing my mind, I guess I kinda feel bad selling the GT right after I put all that money into it. I could keep them both but don't see the point in having two toys.

Also what do you think the GTs worth. (THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD)

• Sponsors (?)

Look at a C6 and look at a GT the Vette looks a million times better. I've always liked them and now I can get one. I think it would just be a better car to own and drive. Plus I can get a killer deal on one so its really pulling me towards doing it. The best part is they run low 12s stock and with a few mods (later down the road) they could be an easy 11 sec car, might be stock if they do come with 450 hp.

PS: My GT has 22k miles on it and 1500-2000 miles on the new motor.

Look at a C6 and look at a GT the Vette looks a million times better.
It all depends on who you ask it to. A year ago, I wanted to trade my Mustang for a '01 Z06. 100% of the girls who saw the Z06 told me it was butt ugly... That I should keep the Stang. :nonono: I really like 'Vettes to, but a million times better isn't really what most people think.

The C5s aren't even close to the looks of the C6s at least IMO. Plus I don't care what other people think of the looks as long as I like the looks of it, thats all that matters. The reason Im looking more into the autos is I've heard/read alot of people who bought the manual say they wish they would have bought the auto. I don't really know why they say that but they do. If the tranny/clutch is any thing like the Shelby it is a little different than say the 03/04 Cobra or any other car I've drove. Plus I'll be driving it 99% of the time in town and it kinda becomes a pain when your in traffic all the time thats why after I get out of the Shelby and hop in my car I feel more relaxed and just enjoy the ride. LOL

As for the Shelby, thats half my dads and half mine. The only thing is he drives all the time and I never get to drive it. When we first got it, I drove it 99% of the time now hes statred driving it and I can't get him out of it. LOL

the 6 speed paddle shifter trans would be interesting. i'd have to drive one to see if i'd want it. i never thought of Vettes as cars with automatic tranmissions. i personally wouldn't get an auto on a car like that.

I drove both my parents 05 C6's, they have 1 Auto and 1 6 spd..

I didn't like the 6 spd, only cause there was almost NO feedback in the pedal. I couldn't tell when it started to engage. I about killed the car 6 times

The auto is a done deal, no real way to change my mind. LOL As for the paddel shifters its not like you have to use them they're just there if you want to.

Also Benny why don't you just buy the whole car? :D

Unmod your GT and sell you mods. Sell the GT for whatever you think is suitable. Buy C6 and be:hail2:

:Word:

You can get a nice chunk of change for your parts, maybe $14-$15k for a stock 04 GT with those miles, and have a nice down payment on the Vette with a little left over for.......mods? :D