Thinking About Buying a Corvette!

• Sponsors (?)

Don't do it man, get a Terminator and use the money you save to mod it.

the C6 is a much better car than the 03/04 Cobras. you need 100 more horsepower than the Vette to equal it's acceleration. but you still don't turn or brake nearly as well as the Vette. add a nitrous kit to the Vette and you're beating most moddified terminators. oh yeah, you'll get better gas mileage soing it too. as much as i love Mustangs, they just don't compete with Vette's. apples to oranges.

Well guys Im considering ordering an 08 C6 Corvette next month and selling the GT and using that to pay off some of the Vette. Im looking at the LT1 Pakage with both targa roofs, and auto w/ the paddle shifters. I can get one for 500-1000 over dealer invoice so I would save quite a bit of money on it. The 08s also come with the new LS3 engine with 450hp and 2.73 gears (equall to a 4.10 the way the tranny is setup) and interior upgrades. Then Im going to tint the windows and buy a set of chrome rims for it. Everything would be paid off so there would be no car payments.

Am I losing my mind, I guess I kinda feel bad selling the GT right after I put all that money into it. I could keep them both but don't see the point in having two toys.

Also what do you think the GTs worth. (THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD)
Maybe this video will deter you.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/RedLiner38/?action=view&current=TestTune002.flv

J/K Vettes are nice. I just like posting this vid because the Mach is my best friends car. The guy in the vette was talking trash to him:hail2:

the C6 is a much better car than the 03/04 Cobras. you need 100 more horsepower than the Vette to equal it's acceleration. but you still don't turn or brake nearly as well as the Vette. add a nitrous kit to the Vette and you're beating most moddified terminators. oh yeah, you'll get better gas mileage soing it too. as much as i love Mustangs, they just don't compete with Vette's. apples to oranges.

your right they dont compare
C6 Z06 upwards $60000
03/04 Cobra $20-$30000 Give me an 03/04 plus $10,000 and I will handle any vette on the skreet and or track:nice:

your right they dont compare
C6 Z06 upwards $60000
03/04 Cobra $20-$30000 Give me an 03/04 plus $10,000 and I will handle any vette on the skreet and or track:nice:

1st of all, we're not talking about the Z06.

2nd, the Cobra would win in a drag race only. you'd have to do some heavy modding to compete in a drag race against a new Vette with only nitrous.

3rd, you'd be starting with a 4 year old car if you chose the Cobra.

I would LOVE to own a Z06 and a friend of mine is trying to talk me into one of those but there is no way in hell Id spend that much money for a car, atleast not right now. I did think about an 03/04 Cobra but then I keep about the looks and plus its an auto which I like and if I got an 04 it would be 4 years older than the Vette. I'll keep you all posted on what and when I order it. I might get an 07 depending on what the 08 is coming out with. I've heard that the 08s may have the same HP and the Z51 will come with like 35hp more. I dont want the Z51 so I might get the 07 so I can get the LeMans Blue because they arent making that color after 07.

A person either is a Mustang enthusiast or one isn't. True Mustang enthusiasts do not trade their Mustangs for Corvettes.

Don't tell me that if you could trade your Cobra for an 08 Z06 Corvette or any other high end sports car (Lambo, Ferrari, Ect) you wouldn't.

A person either is a Mustang enthusiast or one isn't. True Mustang enthusiasts do not trade their Mustangs for Corvettes.

No but a car enthusiast would. :)

I love mustangs but there comes a time to realize there are better cars out there. I am just not at that point where I can drop that kind of cash on a second car.

Don't tell me that if you could trade your Cobra for an 08 Z06 Corvette or any other high end sports car (Lambo, Ferrari, Ect) you wouldn't.

I would have no interest in a Ferrari or Lambo but I would like a Z06. I mean if someone traded me even up for a lambo of course I would do it but imo they are WAY too expensive for what you get, not just the price of the car but maintenance, etc.

If I had a Cobra, I'd tell you that right now. But I just have a GT :( .

Sooo... if I could trade my GT for an 08 Z06 Corvette or any other high end sports car (Lambo, Ferrari, Etc), I wouldn't.

1) :flag:

2) Little boys wear bow-ties.

3) I bleed Ford blue.

attachment.php

(I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a Corvette, or an Aston Martin maybe, or a Saleen S7 if I had the money. But I would never give up my stang for one.)

Attachments

• ford-freak.jpg
    ford-freak.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 192
^+1 :nice: (geoff)

And +1 :nice:

Theres nothing really wrong with liking a vette and wanting one...because I would LOVE to have an 06 Z06, sick cars. But theres a big difference in wanting said car and giving up the stang for said car.
My stangs> x in terms of value to ME.

Do I think they are the best cars of all time? Nope, but I still lovem to death :nice: .

Well, I would not trade my Cobra for whatever... Partially because I like Mustangs and partially because I could not afford a Corvette, Lambo, or whatever.

I am happy with my Terminator and it is affordable for me.

If I was rich like some of you guys apparently are perhaps it would be a different story :shrug:

I wouldn't trade my car for a Vette. I'd just keep the stang and buy a Vette, especially considering my Mustang has little trade in value to begin with. Plus it's about to be fully built in a few months, so stang stays.