Thinking about getting a civic

For the gas mileage of course...im going to look at a 97 auto with 170k. Hunter Green, 2 door, 18 inch rims (probably sell & get some money back), CAI, and the annoying typical civic exhaust

the guy claims 38-40mpg but i know theres no way with an auto. Only wanting $2400. I figure it would pay for itself by over the summer getting 32~mpg vs 15mpg

• Sponsors (?)

The gas mileage is amazing and they go forever. Other than that, they're peices of chit.

Price sounds alright, I'm sure you could talk them down though.

The gas mileage is amazing and they go forever. Other than that, they're peices of chit.

Price sounds alright, I'm sure you could talk them down though.

im taking $2300 with me and offering $2200 if the test drive and everything checks out. I just hope it comes with the stock rims if I do end up getting it.

what kind of mpg will i be looking at?? realistically

so the cost of the civic+insurance+gas+5.0+insurance+gas<insurance+gas on your 5.0??

insurance will be in my moms name so over time YES definitely cheaper (18, college student)

back and forth to work everyday is 40 miles. I will say that I drive 30 "personal" miles everyday. Roughly 300 miles per week. At $3.20/gallon (what I think it will be in the summer) that comes out to $64/week for the 5.0 (15mpg) and $30/week for the 4 cylinder (32mpg). Those savings WILL pay for itself over time...not to mention that I will have a car to drive when I take the motor out and rebuild it

a civic will last 4ever and they really can go forever and the insurance for one of those things would be like 50 bucks lol...it's pathetic especially if you are older than 25...i think it's a smart choice buying that as a weekday car and having the 5.0 as a weekend play car

I wouldnt get an auto.
4 cylinders suck with automatics. They seem to lose any little bit of power they had with one.

if he's wanting it for the mileage then it really doesnt matter does it? another car you could look at is the 96+ cavaliers w/ 5spds. a classmate has one and reports 32-35 mpg on a good highway tank.

if he's wanting it for the mileage then it really doesnt matter does it? another car you could look at is the 96+ cavaliers w/ 5spds. a classmate has one and reports 32-35 mpg on a good highway tank.

The 5 speeds actually are much better on gas.
If you want a gutless car that cant make it up hills go with an auto. If you want a car that can get out of its own way get a 5 speed.

BTW, Ive worked on enough Cavaliers and Sunfires to know theyre horrible pieces of crap, just like most other GM cars.