Thinking about selling my mustang

Metal351

Feb 27, 2003
Highland, CA
Im thinkin about selling my 73 mustang coupe, and possibly getting a fox body 5.0... it would be better for daily driving and very quick too... but theres a problem... i really want to have something that i can work on suspention and handle and get into road racing with.... so another option is to sell my mustang, buy another classic mustang for real cheap.. and get a mazda mx5 miata. 2100 pound car, handles like a dream, and a simple flyin miata turbo kit, pushing 8 psi, will run that 1.6 dohc to 200 hp... low 14s for that car... super fun... and i can have another classic at the same time.... i cant really do a late model mustang and miata tho, insurance would be too high. Oh, ALSO, i deliver pizzas... so im gunna need something kinda good gas milage... im using my brothers old civic right now.... it works for now but i dont like driving a stock car.. it bothers me.... so im wondering what u guys think i should do... go daily driving 4 cylinder handling miata, with another classic mustang that i can work on cheaply... or just get a 5.0 mustang which would be super fun.. but lack the handling and gas mileage....

its hard to decide cause i love being able to hop between a 4 cylinder handler and a v8 straight line terror...

how much does the average 5.0 mustang weigh? and anybody make em handle well? thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Metal351 said:
Im thinkin about selling my 73 mustang coupe, and possibly getting a fox body 5.0... it would be better for daily driving and very quick too... but theres a problem... i really want to have something that i can work on suspention and handle and get into road racing with.... so another option is to sell my mustang, buy another classic mustang for real cheap.. and get a mazda mx5 miata. 2100 pound car, handles like a dream, and a simple flyin miata turbo kit, pushing 8 psi, will run that 1.6 dohc to 200 hp... low 14s for that car... super fun... and i can have another classic at the same time.... i cant really do a late model mustang and miata tho, insurance would be too high. Oh, ALSO, i deliver pizzas... so im gunna need something kinda good gas milage... im using my brothers old civic right now.... it works for now but i dont like driving a stock car.. it bothers me.... so im wondering what u guys think i should do... go daily driving 4 cylinder handling miata, with another classic mustang that i can work on cheaply... or just get a 5.0 mustang which would be super fun.. but lack the handling and gas mileage....

its hard to decide cause i love being able to hop between a 4 cylinder handler and a v8 straight line terror...

how much does the average 5.0 mustang weigh? and anybody make em handle well? thanks.

Yeah the 5.0 won't get as good a gas mileage...but there are plenty of people on here that do serious autocrossing with their car...

you might ought to check out www.maximummotorsports.com :nice:

David

Metal351 said:

My good friend has two 73's. A convertible and a coupe. The coupe has TFS twist wedge heads and a built C4 and 30K on a fresh bottom end. He can barely keep up with my 93GT (stock heads intake and bottom end). My car weighs about 3500 lbs.

The fox bodied Mustangs are the most beautiful cars. Askin if you should get one is like asking if a weight watchers convention would like krispy kreemes!

hahaha....

i would go with the foxbody if i were you. No matter what car u get u are gonna need to have to do work to it to make that sucker handle. So just get the Fox and do the normal suspension and u can have her handling pretty damn good. And as far as delivering pizzas and not wanting to drive a stock car and wanting good mileage :notnice: You drive a modded car your gonna give up mileage. I would love to have an old civic for pizza delivery, although, I have heard of some people on here getting 18-20 MPG in the city.

Turbo 2.3 or turbo 2.0 Ztech, or 3.0dohc turbo/sc/na out of an SHO?

Foxes are easier and (i assume) cheaper to find than miatas. The amount of bolt on parts are phenominal. There are so many options with a fox. It is probably the best choice.

Buy the civic from your bro, put a fart pipe and cold air induction, and suffer through if that is what it takes for you to build/buy/race the car that you want.