Thinking about selling the stang

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
I am gauging interest in selling my triple black 1995 GT convertible. The motor is torn down to the short block, but I still have the heads and intake.

The odometer reads about 115,000 miles.

It has a stock manual transmission in it.

There are coil overs in the front with Strange Struts, and FR500 18x9 rims with Toyo Proxes tires, 18/285/35 in the rear, 18/255/45 in the front. The rear control arms are from BBK.

The car has a new cloth top and body is in good condition, but there are a few nicks here and there as expected for an 11 year old car.

I have ported E7 heads, ported by Thumper. I have a stock intake, and I also have a Typhoon, but there is a deal in the works for that, so it may be sold soon.

I also have some professionally ported and o-ringed Windsor Senior heads that I can throw in.

I also have BBK Equal Length headers I can throw in.

I have a 1971 351W block with a CHP 408 stroker kit (.040 over) and main girdle that I am (or maybe was) planning to put into it. The plan was (or is) to build a 450 RWHP N/A 408W and drop that mother in there and go searching for vettes.

What do you guys think I should ask?

I am considering selling the 1995 because I just came across an extremely clean, very low mileage triple black 1996 Cobra convertible.

• Sponsors (?)

unfortunately, there are very few people that are in the market for cars thatll truly understand what you have done. and the ones that do know will try to low ball you so they can get a steal. id say put it on the market for about 10,500-11k. But here is the trick i used when i sold my last car:

I posted 9k.
-guy offers 6k
I respond: 10k
-guy offers 6,500
I respond: 15k
-guy offers 9k and shuts the hell up

if you arent in a rush to sell, its a great thing to do. let them know you arent a moron and that you dont fuuck around.

i am torn because i love my 95 and i have been living and breathing this 408w project for the last few months.

but a 96-98 cobra was my dream car before i got the 95, and now there is a triple black cobra vert with only 7000 miles on it available. i mean, it is like brand new, and only $15000.

but a 450 hp 408 in the 95 would be absolutely awesome.

well, i talked to my wife and she would rather i fixed my car instead of buying another one, so the 408 is back on.

here is what i am going to do:

- 450rwhp 408 windsor, 1971 351 block
- jay allen cam matched with canfield heads
- chp spyder intake
- new paint
- new leather seats

fwiw, here is the other car i was looking at. only 7000 miles!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...K:MEWA:PIC&viewitem=&item=320040715839&rd=1,1

BlackVert said:
I am gauging interest in selling my triple black 1995 GT convertible. The motor is torn down to the short block, but I still have the heads and intake.

The odometer reads about 115,000 miles.

It has a stock manual transmission in it.

There are coil overs in the front with Strange Struts, and FR500 18x9 rims with Toyo Proxes tires, 18/285/35 in the rear, 18/255/45 in the front. The rear control arms are from BBK.

The car has a new cloth top and body is in good condition, but there are a few nicks here and there as expected for an 11 year old car.

I have ported E7 heads, ported by Thumper. I have a stock intake, and I also have a Typhoon, but there is a deal in the works for that, so it may be sold soon.

I also have some professionally ported and o-ringed Windsor Senior heads that I can throw in.

I also have BBK Equal Length headers I can throw in.

I have a 1971 351W block with a CHP 408 stroker kit (.040 over) and main girdle that I am (or maybe was) planning to put into it. The plan was (or is) to build a 450 RWHP N/A 408W and drop that mother in there and go searching for vettes.

What do you guys think I should ask?

I am considering selling the 1995 because I just came across an extremely clean, very low mileage triple black 1996 Cobra convertible.

You really don't want my opinion here considering my sig, now do you?!

:)

Edit - Nevermind just saw your above post. I saw that Cobra on Ebay and it looks CRISP! I might have jumped on that 2 months ago. Actually I know I would've jumped on that for 12-14K. I'm glad it wasn't up then!

TripleBlack95 said:
You really don't want my opinion here considering my sig, now do you?!

:)

Edit - Nevermind just saw your above post. I saw that Cobra on Ebay and it looks CRISP! I might have jumped on that 2 months ago. Actually I know I would've jumped on that for 12-14K. I'm glad it wasn't up then!
what do you thing of your new cobra? still missing the 95?