thinking about supercharger..but have some questions

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
i want ot buy the kenne bell 1500 supercharger for my 94 gt. what things will i have to buy to set this up completly, and will i have to do anything else to my engine, my engine now is stock but i would plan on getting a new lower manifold if i got this supercharger. the supercharger i want is the one with lower boost, i heard if your engine is stock it isnt good to run high boost. but would i have to change anything with my timing or ignition or fuel or anything like that.

heres what i want: http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/mustang50/mustang50.htm

also let me know if there is anything better out there or any better deals. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I took care of the double thread.

The KB 1500 can be used with a stock lower intake. You should put in at least 36# injectors, 255 LPH fuel pump, MSD ignition box (preferrably BTM combo), MSD blaster coil, MSD 8.5 plug wires, Regap the plugs at .045. Might look into a larger mass air since your changing injectors. You can find most of this in the classifieds if on a budget.

do i need the injectors, and fuel pump and all that stuff or would it just be better to have it? like what are the required things that i will deffintly need.

You don't HAVE to have it, but its a much better option than running the KB on 19lb injectors and an FMU. My cousin ran his this way for a while, then switched to 30lb injectors and ditched the fmu... he then added heads and cam and swapped to 42lb injectors. He had a problem with the car falling on its face between shifts due to excessive fuel pressure. Contact Don at:
http://www.lasotaracing.com/ for your KB questions and tuning issues. He post on here.

i would not worry anbout running a lot of boost on a stock motor i run 15lbs on mine not all the time but when the belt is good and tight . but as far as fuel goes you can never have enough we dynoed 9 cars one day and fuel was a problem on all but 2 blown cars you won't regret getting bigger injectors and pumps when you are running boost ,it just allows you to make more power and be safe. :nice:

cb18201 said:
do i need the injectors, and fuel pump and all that stuff or would it just be better to have it? like what are the required things that i will deffintly need.

Well I'm sure you have insurance on the car right? This is the same thing. If you go lean with boost it's not exactly pretty. I would say it's required to change the injectors and pump when having boost.

im thinking the same thing as this guy with the exact same kenne bell parts. But i have a cobro with 24's injectors and a 75mm MAF. Do u think i would need to swap these out running about 9psi? I also have a 255 intank pump. I have an adjustable Fuel pressure regulator, so i think i could toy with that mabey too.

for 9psi 30# are the min.....and you could easily run 42's and never need to change your injectors agian just tune the ful out, if you run a FMU your car will mostlikely ping on the downshift becuase the blower is still makeing boost and there isn't any fuel. You can get 42's and a MAF used for 350ish most of the time in the classifiieds and it's somthing you should do if you plan on running boost