thinking of making my LX into a 93 cobra clone

• Sponsors (?)

HA HA HA who gives a flyin fxxx! about clones i could care less:shrug:...........i see something i like i get it for example saleen rear wing i got it im not following any pattern..........clone shmone!!!!!:bs: ow thanks for pointing out my GT ground effects yeah they are GT cause i like the GT ones better than 93 cobra ones my point exactly its not a clone its a whatever the hell i like best!! clone your 235 HP no thanks LOL i never once claimed to be a cobra or a cobra clone keep up the good work cobra cop LMAO!!! i cant wait till ur next post keeps me LMAO!!!

There you go again, making something out of nothing. I was actually using you as a reference for the OP as a person who might be able to help locate Cobra parts for his project. Unfortunately, you are so high up on your horse, you infer hostility where none exists.

Next time, try to actually read the post, before you go bashing someone. It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

There you go again, making something out of nothing. I was actually using you as a reference for the OP as a person who might be able to help locate Cobra parts for his project. Unfortunately, you are so high up on your horse, you infer hostility where none exists.

Next time, try to actually read the post, before you go bashing someone. It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

+1 I didn't see anything derogatory or hostile about his car in your post. :scratch:

89stang1, please, let's end this here, ok? :)

ow common your so innocent u are the one that starts it everytime.... your BS comments just look back on the posts, so here's a questionable one that i think u still had a little dig in there. First time lets say im wrong and u got Lynn jumping right on board with u i never seen her spank u for all your rotten comments to me thats ok! i haven't had any posts like this with anybody else but u, i see posts with u and other members arguing all the time............for gods sake look at your sig doesn't that say it all.crapola:rolleyes:

+1 I didn't see anything derogatory or hostile about his car in your post. :scratch:

89stang1, please, let's end this here, ok? :)

Lynn hes not so innocent, he says:
In order to "clone" something, it has to look exactly like it. Down to the badge, rims and steering wheel.

If s/he is just going to put Cobra ground effects (including front/rear bumper) then the answer changes. But that certainly does not qualify as a "clone."

Best example of a clone is 89stang1, who even has Cobra floor mats and pedals:

I have billet cobra pedals (not authentic) and i dont have authentic floor mats i have the one with the snake on it! he knows their not authentic but thats his way of saying not even a good clone. LOL i read him like a book so before u jump on board do a little research. And the joke of it all who the hells cloning not me!

Lynn hes not so innocent, he says:
In order to "clone" something, it has to look exactly like it. Down to the badge, rims and steering wheel.

If s/he is just going to put Cobra ground effects (including front/rear bumper) then the answer changes. But that certainly does not qualify as a "clone."

Best example of a clone is 89stang1, who even has Cobra floor mats and pedals:

I have billet cobra pedals (not authentic) and i dont have authentic floor ats i have the one with the snake on it! he knows their not authentic but thats his way of saying not even a good clone. LOL i read him like a book so before u jump on board do a little research. And the joke of it all who the hells cloning not me!

Ok, let me rephrase...

Stop arguing or :lock: :shrug:

His post did not, in any way say anything bad about your car. Other posts of his might but this one did not.

ow common your so innocent u are the one that starts it everytime.... your BS comments just look back on the posts, so here's a questionable one that i think u still had a little dig in there. First time lets say im wrong and u got Lynn jumping right on board with u i never seen her spank u for all your rotten comments to me thats ok! i haven't had any posts like this with anybody else but u, i see posts with u and other members arguing all the time............for gods sake look at your sig doesn't that say it all.crapola:rolleyes:

A; I'm not "jumping on board" anything with him. We don't exactly care for each other. I'm just calling it like I see it. His post = nothing derogatory.

2; I am a moderator. It is my job to keep the peace. I can only do something about the posts I see. If you have a complaint about one of his posts, use the report post button. :shrug:

To basically restate the above:

1. No one likes a FOBRA
2. The cobra kits are a good looking kit and definitly make an LX look pretty damn good

So I say, if it's what you think looks good the. I say go for it, it's your car. But don't slap cobra emblems on it if it's not a cobra, you wouldn't slap a Shelby emblem or a roush emblem on it.
Bottom line being, do what you want, but don't expect to get a lot of respect from the die-hards if you go fobra

Clone it, just don't put GT side skirts or front fender extensions... The Cobra ones look a TON better!

I agree. If you are going to clone it, at least do it right.

It's the same with Clone Saleens. Guys toss on the GFX and all the sudden they have a Faleen...but they put SN95 fader stripes on, don't put the right decals and emblems on and it looks nothing like a Saleen.

Putting snakes a Mustang doesn't bother me anymore. In 2011, the V6 is rumored to have 315HP in a 3.7L...which is more than some cars with Snakes on their fenders...so the almighty snake isn;t that special. It's when someone puts snakes or Saleen on their car and tries to claim it's real...or some sort of Cobra GT package.

I think anybody that goes around car shows and fills out their windshield tag as a cobra when their not is and ass clown just your basic liar, but for all the people like me who put what ever they like on their foxbody mixing and matching different mustang parts, dont like being classified as a clone when they are just building and spending their hard earned money on what they like! (as long as they are ford parts). Theres alot of parts out there for foxbody mustangs for people that want to create their own look to be creative thats why foxbody mustangs have more aftermarket parts then any other muscle car from that time period, with new parts from major manufacturers being produced all the time. To clone or have a cookie cutter model which is left stock forever is ok too thats their choice god bless them theres more important things in life to lose sleep over. Lets support the people that like to create their own Foxbody look!, theres plenty support from BIG aftermarket companys we must be doing something people like to see but most of all what the car owner likes.:shrug: Peace:nice:

" but for all the people like me who put what ever they like on their foxbody mixing and matching different mustang parts, dont like being classified as a clone when they are just building and spending their hard earned money on what they like! (as long as they are ford parts)."

I dont think the cars on this forum could have been built with strictly ford parts, but I think I get your point