Thinking of trading my 00GT

281Ponies

Nov 14, 2003
00GT 5spd w/48k on the clock for an 02GT 5spd w/26k. Drove the 02 yesterday it seems and feels fine so far but it was late in the day and it’s black with black interior. I plan on giving it a harder look today when I can see things better but was wondering if there’s anything particular I should be on the look out for. Are the 02's known for anything to be aware of mechanically... recalls, silent recalls? Are you 02 GTers happy, any issues you may have had would be a great help to me later in the day.

Thanks,
-Cale

• Sponsors (?)

Wills Black 98 said:
i dont understand why your trading? the cars are almost identical...
I agree. Also the 2000 has the more desirable Windsor engine. You will probably take a beating for a difference of only 22,000 miles. Keep the 2000 and use the money you would have spent to turn it into a monster. :nice:

I am kind of at a loss as to why you would lose money on you car to trade it for someting almost identical. I have an 01. have driven and 03. seemed pretty much the same car. I have heard the blocks are different. the trannies are different but I have heard the 3650 has more trouble than the t-45 did.

Well, this is why I’ve been reading in this forum and others for almost two years now. You guys question things like this and it’s helped me make good choices in the past.

Honestly, it’s minor things that have me thinking of a trade.
-What they are offering me for my 00 is about $800 less than the total payoff. Which I figured isn’t too bad after a year of notes on a 60 month loan.
-The 02 has less miles than my 00 when I got it.
-Over all I like the 02 better appearance wise. It has the newer side scoops, hood scoop, better looking wing, it’s black on black, the standard 01+ rims instead of the alloy star fish rims.
-My 00 has no factory warranty, the 02 does (some remaining anyway).

Like I said it’s minor things, my thinking is when it’s all said and done (if I do this) one year later I could be in newer GT by two years, have warranty and my notes remain very close to the same as they are now. Basically a year later start over with a newer car.

Even though they are almost identical cars do you guys still think I’m crazy!?
I just can't swing what they want for a Mach or Cobra, wish I could.

-Cale

jimfitzgerald said:
No warranty? Time for a blower. :nice:
You have no idea how bad I would like to go that route... but it's out of my reach. Hell I'd have way to many miles on this thing before I could afford to do that :(

It’s officially unanimous.

I must admit I’m a bit surprised, no money down, ford damn near paying my loan off and monthly notes barely changing... I thought the opinions would be just the opposite with everyone saying get the newer car with fewer miles and the remaining warranty.

A monster... the gods just wont let that happen for me. :nonono:

-Cale