thinking of trading my car in

drtc

Jan 2, 2005
lanham,md
i have an 05 v6. To make a long story short, I have have some bangs and bruises on my car which total up to approx. $2200 for me to fix. By the time I fix all of this and then start to mod the exterior, I would end up paying more than an anticipated than buying a gt. Now, in everyone's honest opinion, should I keep my v6 and fix everything or should I trade it in for a gt.

The sale manager my local dealer who my parents and I have purchased almost all of my cars from said he could sell me a 06 gt between $26k-$27k w/o the dealer markup and would give my approx $17k for a trade in. I would also use the money that I was gonna fix my car up with as a down payment. Im debating on if I should go this route.

I value you all's opinion so thats why I wanted to ask you all first before I do anything else.

• Sponsors (?)

long story short, my father backed into w/ his expedition on the side and twice someone hit me at school while i was in class. So its not my driving thats causing my misfortune and yes that is the quote they gave. I didnt believe it myself but thats what they said and its on paper.

GT, any chance to get out of a v6 and into a GT is worth it. AS much as everyone here likes to say a mustang is a mustang (GT or v6), your v6 will never be a GT no matter what mods you do to it.

larrendeuce said:
I would keep the v6. For that price quote on the trade in they are gonna try to make money somewhere else. They'll probably give you 17,000 to pay off the car, then roll the difference into the new loan for the GT. :bs:

Ofcourse there gonna make money off of it, there not stupid there no gonna take it in with a lose :lol: dumb@ss (had to say it, no other choice of wording suites your comment)

If he tries to sell it on his own that is if it was without the damage "mint condition" the max he will get for it if he's luck 19k that is if his car was without any damages. he was quoted $2200 for fixing it, so if he pays $2200 he can get a max of 19k again if he’s lucky, that means he gets $16,800 when selling the car,, so its such a good deal, hes getting a brand new 2006 GT Mustang. And like NVERL8 said “your v6 will never be a GT no matter what mods you do to it.”

By the way the Average Trade-In from nadaguides is $17,800 2005 Ford Mustang-V6 Coupe (Undamaged this note is for larrendeuce)

Basicly drtc you shouldn’t be even thinking about it you should be at the dealership trading in your car.

199 said:
Ofcourse there gonna make money off of it, there not stupid there no gonna take it in with a lose :lol: dumb@ss (had to say it, no other choice of wording suites your comment)

If he tries to sell it on his own that is if it was without the damage "mint condition" the max he will get for it if he's luck 19k that is if his car was without any damages. he was quoted $2200 for fixing it, so if he pays $2200 he can get a max of 19k again if he’s lucky, that means he gets $16,800 when selling the car,, so its such a good deal, hes getting a brand new 2006 GT Mustang. And like NVERL8 said “your v6 will never be a GT no matter what mods you do to it.”

By the way the Average Trade-In from nadaguides is $17,800 2005 Ford Mustang-V6 Coupe (Undamaged this note is for larrendeuce)

Basicly drtc you shouldn’t be even thinking about it you should be at the dealership trading in your car.

We don't know what was paid for the car. Depending on money down he could be upside down on the loan, trading in the car and still in debt on it. Then the difference will be added onto the new GT loan. This all creates more debt, higher monthly payments and more interest collection for the bank that issues the loan. Its cheaper to have equity in the car being traded.

199 said:
If he tries to sell it on his own . . .

What is the title of this thread? "thinking of trading my car in"
:shrug:

drtc you have to ask yourself some questions. 1. do you like your V6 2. do you have a need to go faster all the time or every once and awhile 3. can you afford the extra payment/insurance. If you are wanting to fast all the time GT. If it is here and there V6 and spend a little on boltons and Zex (check out scrmings set up and numbers!). I don't know your financial situation but, you mentioned school, keep the V6 and upgrade on a budget. A V6 may never be a V8 but, a GT will never be a Vette. Enjoy your ride!

everyone, I appreciate all the advice. I decided to keep my car. I found a shop to do my body work a little cheaper than ford. they said they can repair everything for about $1700 and my pops said he would pay for the damage that he did.

Once again, thanks everyone. Thats why I love stangnet.