Thinking Of Trading My Fox For An Import...

The TSi and the GSX are only 4 cylinders sadly. I wish they would have made a 3G Eclipse GSX using the 6 cylinder. Woulda been a real monster from the factory because a buddy of mine has a 3G GST and it's freakin' fast. But I love the 2G body style. Get a clean one, not a riced out one please. Oh and for you Mustang ONLY guys, no I'm not talking about alternators.

EDIT: GTS not GST

• Sponsors (?)

Fast DSM....ok, sure. Having all the power in the world doesn't make a lick of difference when you back it witha glass drivetrain. The same guys around here that had the fast Eclipse/Talon TSi's when I was a teenage, also had a stockpile of parts to go with them. ;)

The TSi and the GSX are only 4 cylinders sadly. I wish they would have made a 3G Eclipse GSX using the 6 cylinder. Woulda been a real monster from the factory because a buddy of mine has a 3G GST and it's freakin' fast. But I love the 2G body style. Get a clean one, not a riced out one please. Oh and for you Mustang ONLY guys, no I'm not talking about alternators.

It's a joke, I'm not replacing my Mustang with a Mitsubishi.:O_o:

I had an eclipse for a work beater a while back and it was such a turd I gave it away. Really p.iss poor quality.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly I wouldn't do it. Repair costs for a fox are stupid cheap especially when you do your own labor.
Get an import and repair costs go up. Plus not to mention the engine is mounted like a FWD and have a goofy transfer case set up so when you tear up the trans you're in for a lot more time than what it would be for a Fox.

BUT, they are fast.

EDIT: posted this right as you posted your reply lol. Good thing you aren't getting one.

Fast DSM....ok, sure. Having all the power in the world doesn't make a lick of difference when you back it witha glass drivetrain. The same guys around here that had the fast Eclipse/Talon TSi's when I was a teenage, also had a stockpile of parts to go with them. ;)

exactly.... they were fast when they were running, heck one blew past my friend on the street blowing oil out of the exhaust and saw him half mile down the road with his hazards on.

Reacting to asshattery is cool in my book and I woulda had yer back op but the thread was already locked... But I ain't down with this thread and the proactive harassment. Too much like the :poo: that goes down over at SVTP for me. Kilgore out...

Reacting to asshattery is cool in my book and I woulda had yer back op but the thread was already locked... But I ain't down with this thread and the proactive harassment. Too much like the **** that goes down over at SVTP for me. Kilgore out...

The point was for laughs at the tard in the locked thread, not all people who own an Eclipse. Please tell me you're not so dense you don't get that..

Why does it always have to be imports VS domestic? Turbos and AWD are not exclusive to cars that came from Japan. You literally have to be mentally retarded to not make 400 to the tire with a turbo V8 anything. Turbo Foxes are making 500+ to the tire left and right, splitting blocks and running insane 1/4s. Besides, the Eagle Talon was assembled in Illinois. These guys just have a chip on their shoulder and are looking for an argument.

I do have to say; a buddy of mine has a 2011 Subie WRX. All he's done to it is a plug in tuner and picked up 40 hp over stock, practically with his eyes closed. Modern turbo + electronic OBDII boost control FTW.

Why does it always have to be imports VS domestic? Turbos and AWD are not exclusive to cars that came from Japan. You literally have to be mentally retarded to not make 400 to the tire with a turbo V8 anything. Turbo Foxes are making 500+ to the tire left and right, splitting blocks and running insane 1/4s. Besides, the Eagle Talon was assembled in Illinois. These guys just have a chip on their shoulder and are looking for an argument.

I do have to say; a buddy of mine has a 2011 Subie WRX. All he's done to it is a plug in tuner and picked up 40 hp over stock, practically with his eyes closed. Modern turbo + electronic OBDII boost control FTW.

That's because peak boost isn't at peak rpm, rather they are scaled down at higher rpm to meet emissions standards. Simply by maximizing and standardizing boost throughout the rpm range (after boost is achieved) merits a majority of that power. Pretty simply on most all production turbo cars :nice:

What a stupid :leghump:ing troll thread this is. The other poster was right, AWD cars are better on the street and after seeing how good the guys with budget talons run in my area, i am pretty impressed with those cars. One car in perticular is stock bottom end, transmission, diffs, etc etc. Its basically got a ported head and a bigger turbo and it has been 136 mph in the quarter running out of fuel. It will probably go 140+ when he actually has enough fuel pump in it. The best thing is he has under 4000 into the car.

If the other poster in that thread owned that silver skyline, ive raced him at an import vs domestic race at New England Dragway, and that car moves out, and the dude drive it to the track and hammers the :poo: out of it. Nothing but respect from me for that car