This for all of you whining about STANGNET!!!

gp001 said:
Wow, that's cute.

It's horrible when people bitch about the quality of something going down hill. The nerve of them! We should all just post crap here and watch it swirl in the bowl. Then, when this forum becomes completely impotent we can all go to another forum and sit around watching it degrade.

What's wrong with people wanting to improve, or even retain, the quality of this place? When people bitch they get a bunch of real friendly community members posting wise azz comments and gay, I mean cute, little graphics. Maybe people should quit bitchin about people bitchin. Or, maybe people should try listening to the bitchers, there might just be some valid points.

There are reasons these people quit coming here, but post regularly elswhere.

I'll just keep rearranging these deck chairs. Maybe I can get the band to play a peppy little number. We'll have to remove these silly life SN lifeboats so the band has a place to set up though.

OK, bitch at me now :rolleyes:

Aren't we a sensitive bunch? GP001 I am sorry i offended you with my little try at humor :rolleyes: If someone leaves stangnet and joins another forum so be it. Do we need every single stangnet member here for an eternity? Everyone needs to just lighten up. If you don't like it take your marbles and go home.

Maybe if all you guys that are so disenchanted with stangnet left we would see the quality of the threads increase. At the very least the thread content wouldn't be diluted by everyone whining about stangnet going the way of the Titanic.

If I were in charge there would be the classic mustang section, No "talk" subforum. Anything OT and not marked accordingly would be immediately :lock: . But you know what? If things were setup this way people would start complaining that they didn't have a place where they could relax and talk about things non mustang related.

If things are so bad post some tech and see what kind of response you get. If you aren't happy with what you get, go somewhere that gets the tingle in your pants going again and be done with SN. Just quit the sniveling and whining.

• Sponsors (?)

gp001 said:
Many of us (myself, oz, 67sally, etc) tried that at one point only to be responded to with the pre-pubescent types saying "We'll post what we want you arne't the boss of us". As Allcarfan found out, that exact attitudes still exists today. Just look at Historic's thread over in tech. He even put it wasn't tech in the title. It's that kind of a-hole mentality that most of us are sick of. We get a talk forum and people don't even have the respect to post non tech BS in here. Look through this weeks threads and you'll see how many WTB, WTS, and other non tech threads flourish. And remember, WTB and WTS are prohibited by the forum rules.

you have the power to click or not to click.

68rustang said:
Aren't we a sensitive bunch? GP001 I am sorry i offended you with my little try at humor :rolleyes: If someone leaves stangnet and joins another forum so be it. Do we need every single stangnet member here for an eternity? Everyone needs to just lighten up. If you don't like it take your marbles and go home.

You started an new thread with a lame pic and you call me sensitive :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Classic!!!

68rustang said:
Maybe if all you guys that are so disenchanted with stangnet left we would see the quality of the threads increase. At the very least the thread content wouldn't be diluted by everyone whining about stangnet going the way of the Titanic.

Ya, cuz that's what been happening since people have left :rolleyes: Some people are just dense I guess. Oh, and I didn't start any of these threads I am merely POSTING MY OPINION. I think I have earned that right. If you don't like it take some of your own advice and don't reply.

68rustang said:
If I were in charge there would be the classic mustang section, No "talk" subforum. Anything OT and not marked accordingly would be immediately :lock: . But you know what? If things were setup this way people would start complaining that they didn't have a place where they could relax and talk about things non mustang related.

Oh ya, well if I was King of the World I would ...... :rolleyes:
Well skippy, the MEMBERS voted TO HAVE a TALK section because the majority of OT threads kept popping to the top and smothering any tech. Sorry you weren't here for the vote.

68rustang said:
If things are so bad post some tech and see what kind of response you get. If you aren't happy with what you get, go somewhere that gets the tingle in your pants going again and be done with SN. Just quit the sniveling and whining.

Wait, let me get this right. People can post whatever they want as long as it meets your approval? Why can't I (we) or whoever bitch about things if we want? Why don't YOU quit bitching about people bitching??? Seems simple Skippy

gp001 said:
Many of us (myself, oz, 67sally, etc) tried that at one point only to be responded to with the pre-pubescent types saying "We'll post what we want you arne't the boss of us". As Allcarfan found out, that exact attitudes still exists today. Just look at Historic's thread over in tech. He even put it wasn't tech in the title. It's that kind of a-hole mentality that most of us are sick of. We get a talk forum and people don't even have the respect to post non tech BS in here. Look through this weeks threads and you'll see how many WTB, WTS, and other non tech threads flourish. And remember, WTB and WTS are prohibited by the forum rules.

You have to ignore ignorant posts, and report them to mods if you feel they are outside of the forum rules.

I have only seen a couple of WTB threads in the last couple of weeks, and one was just asking where he could get something from. Maybe they get deleted before I see them or something.

I agree with you on Historic's non-tech thread. It would have been easier for him to click the talk link than to type " (it is not tech)" in the title. Also, he was the one that started a thread where he talked about self-policing. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=525734

gp001 said:
You started an new thread with a lame pic and you call me sensitive :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Classic!!!

GP001, with all due respect you are handling this whole situation in a rather childish manner. What does me starting this thread or posting that pic have to do with me being sensitive? I have, in the past respected, your input. I started a thread in the talk section to post a pic that I felt was funny. I was trying to lighten the mood around here, with all you guys screaming about the sky falling. Didn't ask for your or anybody else's opinion.

I really really really really really really don't see what everyone is complaining about. People come and people go.

68rustang said:
GP001, with all due respect you are handling this whole situation in a rather childish manner.

I would say disrespecting people who have been on this forum for years longer than you by telling them what they can and can't post about in the form of a lame graphic is childish.

68rustang said:
What does me starting this thread or posting that pic have to do with me being sensitive?

About as much as my reply.

68rustang said:
I have, in the past respected, your input. I started a thread in the talk section to post a pic that I felt was funny. I was trying to lighten the mood around here, with all you guys screaming about the sky falling. Didn't ask for your or anybody else's opinion.

I don't need you to ask for my opinion, I give it freely. No one asked for your lame graphical opinion and you felt free enough to give it (in it's own post even :rolleyes: ). Why don't you extend the same respect you require? I think if someone who has been here for years wants to complain about the current status they have the right to. How can someone who's only been here < 2 years even have the nerve to say the things you do to people who have been here twice as long, or longer? You don't even have a clue what we are talking about. Maybe the people bitching know something YOU don't. If you actually gave a damn about the quality of this forum you might try listening, instead of focusing so hard on disrespecting people who are bitching about it.

68rustang said:
I really really really really really really don't see what everyone is complaining about. People come and people go.

That's just it YOU, and the people like you, don't see it. You would rather insult, or post lame graphics, than try to understand the point of the people bitching/leaving. People come and go, but quality is hard to find (as evidenced by the current state of SN Classic)

Ya know, GP, I have found that people who have been here a long time seem to have a sense of entitlement sometimes. Dare question Oz and it was "Katie bar the door".

Maybe that was why people, as you say, were saying "You aren't the boss of me"

And if you don't think calling a fellow adult "skippy" repeatedly in a post isn't arrogent and condascending, then I guess you don't get it.

Would you really ever address a fellow stangnetter that way to their face? I sure hope not.

Oldtimers don't own this board any more the newbies are the reason it's "the Titanic".

Man, I'm getting sick of reading this crap.

gp001 said:
That's just it YOU, and the people like you, don't see it. You would rather insult, or post lame graphics, than try to understand the point of the people bitching/leaving. People come and go, but quality is hard to find (as evidenced by the current state of SN Classic)

GP001, I understand why people are leaving, I understand why people are bitching. But there are still how many thousands of members that can give me an answer should I need it in the future. What I don't understand is why people, such as yourself, that have been here for x number of years feel that they own the forum. Do I need to bow to every word you, Oz, PAK, SD (well SuperDave was right was right more than anybody), Historic and the rest of the long timers type? Should I take everything that spews forth from your keyboard as gospel? No way, especially when I know for a fact that what is being said is sometimes wrong. How long do I have to be a member before I ascend to the higher status that you and your buddies feel you have acheived? I mean step back take a deep breath and look at this thread as an example. I post a picture in the talk section of the forum, which by my understanding I have every right to, many other members agreed with it or at least got a chuckle out of it. But now, by your account I, 68rustang, am the reason stangnet has struck an iceberg. I never called anyone names, never intended any disrespect. In my opinion, take it or leave it, the only problem with stangnet is the people running around complaining about the current state of affairs. If they are so displeased maybe they NEED to go somewhere else, or at least take a break for a while.

Look over in the tech forum this morning. I see the whole first page is made up of threads asking about engine combos, transmissions, floorpans, cams, welding, EFI, and so on and so forth. So what is everybody complaining about.

Max Power said:
Ya know, GP, I have found that people who have been here a long time seem to have a sense of entitlement sometimes. Dare question Oz and it was "Katie bar the door".

Maybe that was why people, as you say, were saying "You aren't the boss of me"

And if you don't think calling a fellow adult "skippy" repeatedly in a post isn't arrogent and condascending, then I guess you don't get it.

Would you really ever address a fellow stangnetter that way to their face? I sure hope not.

Oldtimers don't own this board any more the newbies are the reason it's "the Titanic".

Man, I'm getting sick of reading this crap.

I absolutely would say the same thing to his face. I do not pull punches and I do not act any different on this forum than I would face to face. I have helped many memebers out in many ways. Just recently sold several items to different members on here at well below their value. I have met a few members in person and have offered use of my tools and myself on several occasions. I treat people as I am treated.
The intent of calling him "skippy" was to show the same disrespect to him that he is showing to people complaining. I am the type that call it how I see it. Prior to that post I was being respectful. Here is the original version of his post (as it was e-mailed to all posters here). He felt the need to go back and edit in little comments I found insulting, so I responded in the same manner. Compare for yourself, but then maybe I am sensitive:

origina version said:
So is the idea now to get as many posts in as many different threads bitching about the same thing? GP001 I am sorry i offended you with my little try at humor :rolleyes: Everyone needs to just lighten up. If you don't like it take your marbles and go home. Maybe if all you guys that are so disenchanted with stangnet left we would see the quality of the threads increase. At the very least the thread content wouldn't be diluted by everyone whining about stangnet going the way of the Titanic.

edited version said:
Aren't we a sensitive bunch? GP001 I am sorry i offended you with my little try at humor If someone leaves stangnet and joins another forum so be it. Do we need every single stangnet member here for an eternity? Everyone needs to just lighten up. If you don't like it take your marbles and go home.

If I were in charge there would be the classic mustang section, No "talk" subforum. Anything OT and not marked accordingly would be immediately . But you know what? If things were setup this way people would start complaining that they didn't have a place where they could relax and talk about things non mustang related.

68rustang said:
GP001, I understand why people are leaving, I understand why people are bitching. But there are still how many thousands of members that can give me an answer should I need it in the future. What I don't understand is why people, such as yourself, that have been here for x number of years feel that they own the forum.

Don't really know how you can interpret what I'm saying as me thinking "I own the forum"? Because I want people to follow the rules set forth by SN? :rolleyes:

68rustang said:
Do I need to bow to every word you, Oz, PAK, SD (well SuperDave was right was right more than anybody), Historic and the rest of the long timers type? Should I take everything that spews forth from your keyboard as gospel?

Who said that? Cuz I sure the hell never did. Don't read into my words, just read them

68rustang said:
No way, especially when I know for a fact that what is being said is sometimes wrong.

I would hope that anytime something is posted that you know is wrong you would refute it with facts so that members who may not know it is wrong won't take bad advice.

68rustang said:
How long do I have to be a member before I ascend to the higher status that you and your buddies feel you have acheived?

Again, never said that. I was merely pointing out that unless you have a friggin time machine you can't understand what people who have been here longer are talking about.

That statement you made right there is part of the problem. If you interpret my wanting to keep this classic forum afloat with quality content as "ascending to a higher status" maybe you should join me

68rustang said:
I mean step back take a deep breath and look at this thread as an example. I post a picture in the talk section of the forum, which by my understanding I have every right to, many other members agreed with it or at least got a chuckle out of it.

You have the right, but what is it saying to people who have been here that see a problem with the status of the forum? Just because people laughed with you does that give you power to insult?

68rustang said:
But now, by your account I, 68rustang, am the reason stangnet has struck an iceberg. I never called anyone names, never intended any disrespect.

Again, don't know where I said YOU were the problem. Maybe you have a secret decoder ring that makes the posts say different things?
However, your attitude is part and parcel of the problem. "Quit your bithchin" to people who have been here for years and made great contributions to this forum isn't disrespect?

68rustang said:
In my opinion, take it or leave it, the only problem with stangnet is the people running around complaining about the current state of affairs. If they are so displeased maybe they NEED to go somewhere else, or at least take a break for a while.

:rlaugh: They are going somewhere else :bang:

68rustang said:
Look over in the tech forum this morning. I see the whole first page is made up of threads asking about engine combos, transmissions, floorpans, cams, welding, EFI, and so on and so forth. So what is everybody complaining about.

8:16 a.m. P.S.T.
Here are some that were on page 1
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=527195
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=526994
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=526943
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=526957

Another fav from the week
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=527028

I tend to agree with GP. Many of the old timers that are leaving are also the people that have given the most tech answers. SD can say stock suspension is fine, Historic can say you can mod much with little, and Dolfan can custom weld you up a whole new suspension, and you know, they're all right, it just depends on how you see things personally from your own preferences.

As far as to why they're leaving, about the only thing that has changed is new members (and Alfred if you haven't found the luxury of Darkmoon), anyone think that maybe this has something to do with it? :shrug:

GP is right, if they had enough passion to post here frequently, they're going somewhere else to post, I give you Mustangs and More as an example, started by former StangNetters.

68rustang, a lot of these thousands you speak of don't know the answer. I also don't feel that any of us that have been around here for a while feel that we own it, but by investing a great amount of time in it, and really hanging out on our own, we are it. SN95 has only been here a short amount of time, but he is already a respected member of the forum, because he has a load of cash to make this project work? No, but because he has the imagination and the skills to pull it off. Everything works in waves and it seems we're at the bottom of a trough now, hopefully things will turn around after the first of the year. I also agree with GP's statement of finding quality people being hard. I don't agree with GP putting out the "skippy" comment however, although I guess you respect him enough as your not following you signature.

I think just about all of you in this post have posted good tech before, but facts show the degredation of this forum and I'm not sure why this is or when it'll recover, but it sucks that it is happening.

68rustang said:

A few things, first off I don't think the people that have left have all left for the same reason.

The only reason I'm staying away is I've made some drastic changes in my career and I've been busy as hell. But I got a 3 day weekend :D . I still browse when I get a chance, just don't have the time I used to for responding, and If I make a statement I wont be around to back it up.

That said, I can't understand why anyone would think it was great that some of the knowledgeable people are leaving, that's a pretty assinine attitude. Your all suppose to be here to either get help, or give help.

And on a last note, why are some of you so afraid to be personable. Are you afraid that if you actually talk to someone on a personal level that you may actually make a friend? God knows how bad that would be.

And just incase you forgot, this is suppose to be a FUN HOBBY, maybe if your incapable of having FUN here you should take up Knitting :D

Oh, and Merry Christmas, to those who are not afraid to be personable. :D

I agree with GP, the forum has degraded in quality greatly and it is due to the disrespect shown such as this post. As GP mentioned, the people who have been here and are mainstays deserve to police what is posted as I don't believe the moderators should have to spend every waking moment doing so. GP and I have had differences in the past about policing the forum ourselves, but I now agree with him in that it has to be done, hence the current state of this site. I have posted numerous tech questions that often go unanswered or 1 reply, but as soon as I post something talk related that may be deemed as controversial, there are multiple page responses as this thread. GP could choose to leave, but instead he is trying to stay and return the forum to a more respectable status. It seems as though the regulars get overtaken by the number of people passing through and get tired of dealing with the attitudes all of the time, and I agree it is time to band together and clean up this forum.

67GTFastback said:
I agree with GP, the forum has degraded in quality greatly and it is due to the disrespect shown such as this post. As GP mentioned, the people who have been here and are mainstays deserve to police what is posted as I don't believe the moderators should have to spend every waking moment doing so. GP and I have had differences in the past about policing the forum ourselves, but I now agree with him in that it has to be done, hence the current state of this site. I have posted numerous tech questions that often go unanswered or 1 reply, but as soon as I post something talk related that may be deemed as controversial, there are multiple page responses as this thread. GP could choose to leave, but instead he is trying to stay and return the forum to a more respectable status. It seems as though the regulars get overtaken by the number of people passing through and get tired of dealing with the attitudes all of the time, and I agree it is time to band together and clean up this forum.

At least I know one person gets the message of my post. :nice:

67GTFastback said:
GP could choose to leave, but instead he is trying to stay and return the forum to a more respectable status.

This is done by name calling? What I don't understand is we have a bunch of people whining about the "quality" of stangnet. Bitching about how nobody posts good tech threads anymore. Yet, I don't see any of these same people starting any tech threads themselves. Lead by example if you are are so knowledgeable and "been around for so long". The picture I posted was meant to be a joke. Never did I imagine you guys would get so bent out of shape.