this ****in sucks

88_GT_5_oh

Sportin' a turbo 5.0 in Canadistan
Jul 4, 2004
WPG/MB/CA
a little rant about everything

first off this weekend being a long weekend me and all the guys in the family go on a fishing trip, for the past month it has been nice and warm (68 F to 80F on average) now this weekend they are calling for a chance of snow and a high all weekend of 50F... this blows

next i got my car running today after working on it for like a month, i don't get much time to work on it but i was happy as hell, then i look under the car and it leaking oil from around the rear of the oil pan :notnice: and its dripping alot. now i gotta figure that out.

next gas just went up to $4.57 ($4.19 US per gallon) for REGULAR! yesterday so its gonna cost a ton just to take the truck to the lake (lots of 4X4 to get into the boat launch, washed out roads etc.) and its a 3 hour drive to this cabin

also for the past 2 weeks i have been having a problem with the turck bucking when its cold and sometimes under load. my buddy works at ford and we hooked it up to the computer thing they have (forget the name) and it shows nothing wrong, another little problem i gotta figure out

this blows

just wanted to vent a little,

• Sponsors (?)

no oil on the back of the intake, i had that happen last year.

this week just sucks for me, i thought i would have a nice weekend to chill in the boat drinking some beer, now i gotta pack a damn winter coat. the gas prices really got me i don't know if i can even afford to put premium in the mustang, which it needs

hey dagger, what does a KB kit cost once its all said and done. i love the turbo, just weighing my options for apossible winter project lol. i change my car like i change my socks

So you're running TFS heads and cam, correct?

For the 2.2L Flowzilla kit you can expect to spend about 5K to get it all buttoned up. That's injectors, tuning, gauges, etc. That does not include throttlebody or things of that nature. So long as you've got a 75mm now, you're good.

If you want a little more room to grow, then spring for the Flowzilla/Blowzilla kit. It has a larger inlet. If you need to stay emissions legal, the Blowzilla is pretty much out of the question as the larger inlet eliminates the EGR spacer.

A reasonable expectation for the Flowzilla kit is 450 (roughly) FWHP with your mods and 75mm MAF and TB. Torque at the flywheel should be over 500 ft/lbs.

a little rant about everything

first off this weekend being a long weekend me and all the guys in the family go on a fishing trip, for the past month it has been nice and warm (68 F to 80F on average) now this weekend they are calling for a chance of snow and a high all weekend of 50F... this blows

next i got my car running today after working on it for like a month, i don't get much time to work on it but i was happy as hell, then i look under the car and it leaking oil from around the rear of the oil pan :notnice: and its dripping alot. now i gotta figure that out.

next gas just went up to $4.57 ($4.19 US per gallon) for REGULAR! yesterday so its gonna cost a ton just to take the truck to the lake (lots of 4X4 to get into the boat launch, washed out roads etc.) and its a 3 hour drive to this cabin

also for the past 2 weeks i have been having a problem with the turck bucking when its cold and sometimes under load. my buddy works at ford and we hooked it up to the computer thing they have (forget the name) and it shows nothing wrong, another little problem i gotta figure out

this blows

just wanted to vent a little,

Well I know how you feel.....I live here too. I work my arse off all week, finally chance to get some car stuff done but I'm gonna freeze doin it. :bang:

well i just took it easy on the gas on th highway, but i needed the 4X4 so that sucked a lot of gas. The weather was ****ty, i caught the most fish with a grand total of 3 :notnice: and that includes the one i caught one off the dock lol.

lol... we did our annual swim in the lake for may long weekend. the ice just came off the lake 3 weeks ago and we jumped in. everyone around us was in winter parka's and you could see your breath, the water was fuggin cold! my muscles locked up after like 20 seconds and i could barely move. the whole weekend we were in parkas and at least 2 sweaters while were were fishing, now today its humid and 25C