This Is Why You Use A Local Builder!

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
last wednesday we went to the shop to go over the car and get it ready for the next race (the following friday)
going over the car we notice the timing belt started to walk on the cam pulley, which isnt normal. so we grab the balancer and "wiggle it" to find that its "loose" and looking at the flywheel. its not moving.... broken crank...

got the motor down to our engine builder who is about 30 minutes away on thursday (next day) once he got it we pulled the pan to see if anything else was glaring obvious that it was broke. only thing was a chip in the oil pump.
tore everything down friday and saturday cleaned everything up checked everything. all was good.

monday the crank showed up to be balanced

by wednesday everything was to his shop near bearing gaskets new crank everything he needed.

and thursday afternoon everything was back together...

yes 1 week from the time we had the motor out with a broke crank to the time we pick it back up

lets see this happen with a crate motor

ROCHE RACING ENGINES FTW!

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

It also helps to have a good working relationship with the shop as y'all do. If I asked a shop around me to do everything that you just had done in the same time frame, they'd probably tell me to kick rocks.

Reactions: 1 user
mine was built, having agreed on oil pump selection (worked closely or directed on all parts selections)... installed in the car and fired up, and data logged at a discrete location.
Builder did not like the oil pressure, was actually fine but wanted more at rpm.
Pulled the front end off the car and installed a different pump.
2 days, no additional charges. Pressure sorted.
P1040997c_zpsqwfa3cnx.jpg

Reactions: 2 users