This? or That!

Macksta

Oct 4, 2004
Ok City
Simple question. Looking for "SAFE" fun power. Recommendations extremely welcome. :nice:

1) Purchase a tork tech blower and call it a day
2) Do a new 2v trick flow head/cam/intake and call it a day.

Current mods below.

2002 mustang GT with 40k miles

-FRPP 3.73 gears
-FRPP Aluminum Drive Shaft

-JLT CAI
-Accufab Plenum
-Accufab 75mm TB
-Steeda UD Pulleys
-Steeda Timing Adjuster
-MAC Long Tube Headers
-MAC Pro Chamber
-MAC Cat Back
-MSD Coil Packs
-Brisk Plugs
-SCT LiveWire
-Tuned by BreenSpeed

Other
-Nitto NT555 245/40-18 up front
-Nitto NT555 285/35-18 out back

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, the Trick Flow HCI set-up is pretty nice. You'll gain more power with a blower right now, but when you put a blower on the HCI set-up, you'll get way more power.

Let us know if we can make you a deal on either route you choose.:nice:

#2 would be my pick as well. You won't worry about blowing anything up, you can drive it in all temps and not suffer from heat soak, you'll be able to rev the piss out of it the way an overhead cam V8 ought to be ran, and you can always throw a blower on later.

N/A is so much simpler - less to go wrong. No slipping belts, blown hoses, air metering issues, etc, etc. Fits under a stock hood, doesn't add a ton of weight up top and over the front, just so many advantages.

Just the peace of mind of an N/A set-up and running as fast or faster at the strip than many people with entry-level blower kits would make me happy.

But if all you want out of the car is cruising on nice weekends, burnouts at stoplights, and weekend drag racing, a blower is a good solution.

N/A would be less power, same octane fuel, most likely less mpg.
Yes it would be better for down the road, but that's assuming you put in blower cams for the time being, lots of overlap and tight LSA wont help a lot with a supercharger. Also, with heads and cams, putting a supercharger on in the future would mean you need a built engine more than likely. With just a supercharger you dont.

Just IMO coming from a guy with heads/cams/intake who's going FI.

I do not plan on building up my motor anytime soon. Just want a mean sounding car so i guess i need to ask myself. Do i want to sound like a camed out beast! Or do i want to sound like a whistle =)