This sound like the valve body?

MusPuppis

Nov 8, 2004
Lexington, Ky.
Tranny is an AOD.

Ok, when driving the truck feels sluggish. Very light throttle doesnt do much and the truck seems to overrev doing anything.. Like if I give it a small amount of gas it will hesitate then start to accelerate but it really sounds like the engine is working harder than it should for what little speed Im gaining. It also has issues shifting. Sometimes it holds the gear to long, sometimes not long enough, sometimes it just sorta freezes in gear. The most notable time it does this is when cruising between 2nd and 3rd. As I get to the point in second where it should shift, under everyday driving conditions it just doesnt. I have to rev it a little, let off, rev it some, tap the gas.. basicly fiddle with it to get it to finally get off its ass and pop into third. It doesnt free-rev going into and out of gear though. WOT takes an hour to register with the tranny. I'll floor it and its literally several long seconds before the transmission registers that and you start to accelerate.

Also, and this one is really confusing me.. I cant check my transmission fluid anymore. This problem started about a week ago. I had checked the fluid a few days prior and it was dead on, then I got in the truck and drove it some.. it felt like it was low on fluid.. rolling back before drive engaged, the usual signs. The tranny has a leak in it so I figured this was the case, no big deal. So, I started the truck and let it warm up, pulled the dipstick, cleaned it, put it back in and went to check the fluid.. Well according to the stick Im about 4 quarts over-full which is totally impossible.. and it keeps reading this way. No matter how many times I check it it always reads over-full and I KNOW the transmission is not. I had to add fluid on a couple occasions to get it to drive right (as right as this tranny gets that is) in the first place. Also, the tranny was acting the way I described above long before this problem manifested itself. So I know the symptoms I'm having now arent fluid related.

Anyway, sorry for so lengthy a post, but if anyone has any opinions, Id much appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)