This will = 700rwhp...right?

BuffaloZone

Oct 14, 2003
Starting with a properly built rear end, transmission and forged short block...

--adding a 14# KB (1.7 or 2.2?), cams and heads plus a 100 shot of Nitrous if needed. I would like for Modular Powerhouse to do all the work because I don't really know of anyone that does better work...and I'll need to float a hefty loan.

Does 700rwhp seem realistic?

• Sponsors (?)

It'll be more like a KB 2.2 on maybe 19 lbs, on a built 302 w/ a 100 shot to pull it off. Provided you have a tranny that doesn't explode on the first dyno shot. Then you have the rearend, torque boxes, axle tubes, fuel system, and all the other odds and ends to do it.

Overall, this is easily a 20k project. Ask Jim Fitz, his car is amazing, I've seen it at MPH a few times, and he knows all about making a high power, reliable car.

bdcardinal said:
why not just use ported DOHC heads and get a 03/04 cobra 2.4L KB? that will put you well past 700rwhp. plus you wouldnt have to use nitrous.

I'd like to see how much hp I could make with a 2v and an automatic, but thanks for the advice.

mac1009 said:
It'll be more like a KB 2.2 on maybe 19 lbs, on a built 302 w/ a 100 shot to pull it off. Provided you have a tranny that doesn't explode on the first dyno shot. Then you have the rearend, torque boxes, axle tubes, fuel system, and all the other odds and ends to do it.

Overall, this is easily a 20k project. Ask Jim Fitz, his car is amazing, I've seen it at MPH a few times, and he knows all about making a high power, reliable car.

10k did seem way low to me - my 1st best guess was between 20k-25k. And that's why I mentioned Modular Powerhouse. I've seen where they get high HP from automatics and I figured they wouldn't leave any weak links in the total job.

Ok can I ask why? I love high Hp cars but from looking at your sig seems like your car is setup more for corners. I don't see how a 700hp 2v beast will be much help? But if you got the coin go for it and keep us informed. Also have you considered Turbo's?

If you want 700 rwhp, forget about everything you want to do to what you have.

1.Go out and buy a 03/04 Cobra crate motor. They can be had for around 9k.

2. You will need to find a computer and fuel set up, cobra tank and pumps and possibly a BAP.

3. Go out and buy the big Whipple to top it off.

4. Intake and exhaust will help.

I watched with my own eyes ( my George Bush conservative dyno tuner ) run an 03 anniversary Cobra vert with a Whipple and BAP making almost 700 rwhp the other day on pump gas 91 octane.
It was impressive. :D

It's possible.

According to KB- A 2.2 on a 4.6 SOHC is cabiable of making 850 hp.

Kenne Bell 2200 Blowzilla

On our Dynojet, the 2.2L kit at 20 psi made 682HP on a 8.1 compression ratio 4.6 GT with ported heads, cam and headers. That was 30 more HP than our Cobra test car at the same 20 psi boost. Obviously, the Kenne Bell and Ford 4.6 make for a great combination.

That's almost 700 RWHP without nitrous and at 20 psi with more on tap.

It's going to take some serious coin for you to do it. I was thinking about doing this one day, but I'm not sure if I will or not. :shrug:

BooWFO said:
Ok can I ask why? I love high Hp cars but from looking at your sig seems like your car is setup more for corners. I don't see how a 700hp 2v beast will be much help? But if you got the coin go for it and keep us informed. Also have you considered Turbo's?

Considered Turbo's ...as in a Boss III conversion and I even thought of just doing a little 6# KB myself to hold me over until I decided to upgrade to a new Roush III or Steeda Q. Then I decided that I would be out the cost of a new car when all I really wanted was their upgrades...and a few more. I wouldn't mind skipping the 6# KB taste treat to get what I really want.