those with lowered cars

• Sponsors (?)

How the **** do you get over speed bumps without scraping the **** out of your car?

My car is pretty damn low... and my exhaust hangs even lower... Needing to get it tucked in... But i drag on everything and the best bet i found its just very slowly... The angle part doesnt work to well... Still scrapes! :mad: OR AVOID THEM AT ALL COST! MY cats scrape so bad... Im afraid they will fall off or pull my whole exhaust out....
Your best bet is to ethier... Tuck it up in the body some how.. Or raise your car?

Picture001.jpg

Attachments

• Picture001.jpg
    Picture001.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 62
the reason to go at an angle is so the car goes over smoothly, and so the front wheels dont go over at the same time and hit the exhaust when the springs compress. all of my cars are low...and i mean low. my 88 tucks 1/4" of tire in the front with 245/45/17s and my exhaust is lower than it should be and i manage over alot of bad bumps. first off i avoid speedbumps at all costs, but if i have to go over one then i just plan it out. if there is a break in the bump then angle it such so the break works to your advantage. if one side is lower than the other, go over the lower side. my dads 70 boss 302 is slammed with longtubes and its deadly over almost anything. we just take it slow and if all else fails, revv it up to cover up the hideous scraping noise haha

this is the height before the springs settled..and its going lower when i get my coilovers
bobbaganoosh004.jpg

Attachments

• bobbaganoosh004.jpg
    bobbaganoosh004.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 60
Verry slow... and on an angle.. I ruined and H-Pipe and my old Flowmaster kit, when I hit a pothole that stuck up about 2 inches downtown orlando a while back... Since then I am VERY careful where I drive... My car scrapes speedbumps, and nearly anything that sticks up off the ground...