Those with MM coilovers kit, Bilstein Part #'s

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by Eric94GTvert, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Eric94GTvert

Eric94GTvert Founding Member

I know I can find these Bilsteins cheaper than from MM, probably from Shox.com or Bimmerparts.com. I just want to make sure they are the right part #.

Thanks,
    Eric
  2. SuperSync

SuperSync Founding Member

I don't have the coilovers, but I did happen to purchase the Bilstein HD's all the way around and got 'em at bimmerparts.com. They were the cheapest I checked in April this year (2003) and they had 'em to me in a few days. At the time they were out of stock at many places I tried to price quote.

Not sure what part#'s you need, I assume specific for the coilover part, can't help you there.

Good luck.

SS
  3. cjones

cjones Founding Member

are you aware that the rear shocks in the coil-over kits are grooved to accept a lock ring.

from Maximum Motorsports website:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/mmrco.asp

The rear coil-over kit for Bilstein shocks requires a groove to be added to the shock body. If you are buying your Bilsteins at the same time as your coil-over kit, we can send you grooved shocks with your order. We do not groove B46-2148 rear shocks for coil over applications. These shocks have an insufficent weld configuration on the lower shock eye to be used with coil over suspension.
  4. Eric94GTvert

Eric94GTvert Founding Member

Thanks for the reply. I have been researching well into the night on this and other forums to see if there is a way around the shock body groove thing. Some have tried to modify their own only to ruin the shocks and end up purchasing from MM anyway. The conclusion I came up with is it's not worth the hassle to save a measly few duckets.

I will purchase the MM rear Bilsteins w/ coilovers but still on the lookout for the part # for the front Bilsteins.